BoatBanter.com

-   -   A little nippy ... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177535-little-nippy.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] December 29th 17 10:16 AM

A little nippy ...

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

justan December 29th 17 02:14 PM

A little nippy ...

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

It's a nippy 60 here now. We've been running the fornace for a
week or more.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

True North[_2_] December 29th 17 02:22 PM

A little nippy ...

On Friday, 29 December 2017 06:16:40 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

I hear you. Minus 13 C this morning but we've also had lots of wind since Christmas Day. Good news is thw wind is low right now.
I wish someone down there would turn the heat back on.
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...scotia/halifax

Its Me December 29th 17 02:26 PM

A little nippy ...

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 5:16:40 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

31 F here right now. It's supposed to hit 18 Monday night / Tuesday morning. No precipitation though, just COLD!

John H[_2_] December 29th 17 03:53 PM

A little nippy ...

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 05:16:35 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

26F here. Wind's down. Time to get the leaves in the street for the next pickup, which is scheduled
for tomorrow. Hope the foot will take the load!

Justan December 29th 17 04:38 PM

A little nippy ...

Wrote in message:
On 29 Dec 2017 12:36:37 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

It is a balmy 22F here, perfect board shorts weather! I?m sure Fretwell is
in his Speedo, picking limes and coconuts, and making a sugar run so he can
fire up the community rum still. :)

****in A.
It was in the 80s here yesterday but it will only be in the 70s today
brrr.
I haven't made rum for a while but it is a good idea. You really use
molasses for that but sugar will work I suppose. It is easier than
driving out to Clewiston for a drum of molasses.

Had to look up "board shorts". They only come in sizes up to 42. I
wonder who in Fat Harry's family could wear them?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Alex[_13_] December 30th 17 12:21 AM

A little nippy ...

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

Got remote start on that Colorado?

Alex[_13_] December 30th 17 12:23 AM

A little nippy ...

justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

It's a nippy 60 here now. We've been running the fornace for a
week or more.

I've never turned on the heat in this house. If I did, I'm sure those
heating coils would stink like hell from non use.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] December 30th 17 12:31 AM

A little nippy ...

On 12/29/2017 7:21 PM, Alex wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

Got remote start on that Colorado?

Thankfully, yes. This morning I let it run through two complete, 10
minute warm up cycles before I ventured out. Temp had actually dropped
another degree to 3.

Below a certain temp the remote starter also automatically turns on the
seat heater which is nice. Makes a big difference!