Default Wow. A whole 5 of them...

On 12/13/17 11:10 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Moore was removed from office twice. From Wiki:

Moore was removed from his position in November 2003 by the Alabama
Court of the Judiciary for refusing a federal court's order to remove a
marble monument of the Ten Commandments he had installed in the lobby of
the Alabama Judicial Building.

Moore was again elected Chief Justice in 2013, but was suspended in May
2016, for directing probate judges to continue to enforce the state's
ban on same-sex marriage although the US Supreme Court had ruled this to
be unconstitutional. Following an unsuccessful appeal, Moore resigned in
April 2017.

Unlawful bible-thumping and religious bigotry did him in. Moore is the
genuine article: a real asshole. He's also a racist, but, hey, he knows
a Jew. I checked with one of my "Jew" friends, who was astonished to
learn there were *any* Jews living in Alabama.

Ok, he was elected not once but twice.. Oh-Kay! Why weren’t these women there the first time and why’d they hold back till he ran for senate?

Politics...

Fear of reprisal, most likely.

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 07:41:57 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Keyser Soze
I think black voters in Alabama and college-educated white women in
Alabama recognized Roy Moore as the worst sort of scumbag. Worry not
about Roy, though...he's consoling himself by visiting a shopping mall.

What gets me is that if he’s supposedly so evil then how was he an elected Judge all those years?

Seems like all this stuff starts coming to the top (after 30+ years) when he decides to run for a senate seat...

Politics....

I doubt simply the fact that he dated young girls 40 years ago was
that big an issue in Alabama. He got in trouble for other things and
there was very little support from anyone but evangelicals.
Bear in mind he is not a judge because it would not back down on the
10 commandments rock, not anything else he said or did.
Most of the opposition to Moore still came from outside Alabama.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
Fear of reprisal, most likely.

Reprisal? From what... you’re saying that a judge would hold a whole state hostage?

Your paranoia cuts you deep, Harry.

On 12/13/17 11:24 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Fear of reprisal, most likely.

Reprisal? From what... you’re saying that a judge would hold a whole state hostage?

Your paranoia cuts you deep, Harry.

You really are naive, Tim.

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:10:38 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Ok, he was elected not once but twice.. Oh-Kay! Why weren’t these women there the first time and why’d they hold back till he ran for senate?

Your typical judge election only draws a couple thousand dollars in
campaign funds and a lot of them end up running unopposed.
Most people do not have a clue who they are voting for. I frequently
leave those blank.
The democrats spent $9 million on this race and the GOP spent $4
million. That is a lot of money for any senate race and unprecedented
in a state like Alabama. The Democrats had $2.5 million extra they
could have thrown at this but they were pretty confident when the
other GOP senator came out against Moore.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
You really are naive, Tim.

Whatever...