Default weekend in Vegas

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas. Wife gave son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though. Even excluding any gambling. Stayed at Mandalay
Bay. Specials on room, but no reasonable dining. Even in room coffee
was $5 a cup. Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator. Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire. Fun
trip. I have a great wife. Great gifts. No boating.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:28:12 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas. Wife gave son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though. Even excluding any gambling. Stayed at Mandalay
Bay. Specials on room, but no reasonable dining. Even in room coffee
was $5 a cup. Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator. Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire. Fun
trip. I have a great wife. Great gifts. No boating.

===

Cool. I'd like to try that sometime.

---
http://www.avg.com

On 11/20/2017 12:28 PM, Bill wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas. Wife gave son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though. Even excluding any gambling. Stayed at Mandalay
Bay. Specials on room, but no reasonable dining. Even in room coffee
was $5 a cup. Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator. Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire. Fun
trip. I have a great wife. Great gifts. No boating.

I saw that on TV. I think it was on "Shark Tank". Looks like it would
be a blast.

wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas. Wife gave son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though. Even excluding any gambling. Stayed at Mandalay
Bay. Specials on room, but no reasonable dining. Even in room coffee
was $5 a cup. Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator. Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire. Fun
trip. I have a great wife. Great gifts. No boating.

===

Cool. I'd like to try that sometime.

---
http://www.avg.com

He has a couple franchises elsewhere I think.

wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas. Wife gave son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though. Even excluding any gambling. Stayed at Mandalay
Bay. Specials on room, but no reasonable dining. Even in room coffee
was $5 a cup. Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator. Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire. Fun
trip. I have a great wife. Great gifts. No boating.

===

Cool. I'd like to try that sometime.

---
http://www.avg.com

He has a couple franchises elsewhere I think.

Yeah. I've driven one of those relatively tiny backhoes you see being
towed behind a pickup truck, and I managed not to kill anyone or destroy
the equipment. Love to try a full-sized ecavator.

Keyser Soze wrote:
wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas. Wife gave son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though. Even excluding any gambling. Stayed at Mandalay
Bay. Specials on room, but no reasonable dining. Even in room coffee
was $5 a cup. Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator. Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire. Fun
trip. I have a great wife. Great gifts. No boating.

===

Cool. I'd like to try that sometime.

---
http://www.avg.com

He has a couple franchises elsewhere I think.

Yeah. I've driven one of those relatively tiny backhoes you see being
towed behind a pickup truck, and I managed not to kill anyone or destroy
the equipment. Love to try a full-sized ecavator.

Full size is lots different than a Bobcat sided backhoe. For one, the cab
will rotate 360degrees. So no moving the tracks when digging. And do not
have to turn around to go backwards while facing forward. Just rotate the
cab and pull back on the track control instead of pushing forward.

On 11/20/17 1:35 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

[...]

Uh-oh...I definitely would kill someone or destroy the equipment!

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:28:12 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas. Wife gave son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though. Even excluding any gambling. Stayed at Mandalay
Bay. Specials on room, but no reasonable dining. Even in room coffee
was $5 a cup. Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator. Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire. Fun
trip. I have a great wife. Great gifts. No boating.

Sounds like you had a blast. Funny that back in the mid-70's there were prime rib buffets to be had
for $5.99, and breakfasts in resort hotels for 99 cents. That was for bacon, two eggs, and toast. I
could get well filled for $3!

On 11/20/2017 1:26 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/20/17 12:49 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:28:12 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Met older daughter and family for a weekend in Vegas.Â*Â* Wife gave
son in
law and me an Excavator experience at digthisvegas.com. Fun weekend.
Expensive stay though.Â*Â* Even excluding any gambling.Â*Â* Stayed at
Mandalay
Bay.Â*Â* Specials on room, but no reasonable dining.Â*Â* Even in room
coffee
was $5 a cup.Â* Got a lesson in a Cat 315C excavator.Â*Â* Dug a big hole,
moved 2500# tires and picked up a basketball and dropped in a tire.
Fun
trip.Â*Â* I have a great wife.Â*Â* Great gifts.Â* No boating.

===

Cool.Â* I'd like to try that sometime.

---
http://www.avg.com

He has a couple franchises elsewhere I think.

Yeah. I've driven one of those relatively tiny backhoes you see being
towed behind a pickup truck, and I managed not to kill anyone or destroy
the equipment. Love to try a full-sized ecavator.

I had the backhoe attachment for the John Deere tractor I had. Not big
(12 inch wide bucket) and not super powerful but it did a lot of work
over the years. I dug all the electrical and plumbing trenches for the
pool when we had it installed. The contractor had some kind of machine
but had a hard time because of all the rocks and boulders. The JD
handled them well, although I overloaded the hydraulics many times.
Trenches all had to be four feet deep and collectively there were about
150 -200 feet of them.

Las Vegas... JimH General 6 October 10th 06 12:13 AM
Las Vegas... Chuck Gould General 7 October 8th 06 05:54 PM
Las Vegas... Dan General 0 October 7th 06 11:57 PM
Las Vegas steve General 0 August 25th 06 08:22 PM
Las Vegas... Lady Pilot ASA 17 April 6th 06 06:52 PM