Default Fichus follies

Today I went after that big fichus tree out back. This thing was about
22" across the trunk and 40-50 feet high. I managed to drop it without
hitting the shed or the banana trees (actually pretty much called my
shot within a foot or so). Now the hard part, cutting it up and
getting it to the curb before I get my "Irma" pickup. That pile of
limbs beside the house is outgrowing the vacant lot we are piling them
on and I am starting on the right of way in front of the house.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/stump.jpg
This is the trunk after I cut away most of the smaller limbs (8" or
less) that I can drag with the golf cart. I am dragging the bigger
stuff with the truck.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20down.jpg

I suppose Harry would have hired a union lumberjack but they were all
"wearing women's clothing and hanging out in bars" ;-)

wrote:
Today I went after that big fichus tree out back. This thing was about
22" across the trunk and 40-50 feet high. I managed to drop it without
hitting the shed or the banana trees (actually pretty much called my
shot within a foot or so). Now the hard part, cutting it up and
getting it to the curb before I get my "Irma" pickup. That pile of
limbs beside the house is outgrowing the vacant lot we are piling them
on and I am starting on the right of way in front of the house.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/stump.jpg
This is the trunk after I cut away most of the smaller limbs (8" or
less) that I can drag with the golf cart. I am dragging the bigger
stuff with the truck.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20down.jpg

I suppose Harry would have hired a union lumberjack but they were all
"wearing women's clothing and hanging out in bars" ;-)

Are you going to invite Harry down to shoot your stump? He's a master
stump shooter!