Default Denny's Slogan

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:37:35 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Thursday, 21 September 2017 16:05:37 UTC-3, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 06:46:44 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

On Thursday, 21 September 2017 09:33:32 UTC-3, John H wrote:
Denny's has a slogan, "If it's your birthday, the meal is on us."

If you're in Denny's and it's your birthday, your life sucks!

Not all 'mericans have been able to milk and bilk Uncle Sam for the over generous pension and benefits as y'all did, Johnny.

No some people were able to dodge the draft and let other people put
their life on the line to protect the country for a salary that did
not even meet the minimum wage at the time.
If you lived that life for over two decades, you deserve that pension.
Give John a break.

You may have missed this comment from him...which triggered my response.
" If you're in Denny's and it's your birthday, your life sucks!"

Not sure if I've ever been in a Denny's restaurant but I wouldn't belittle others who may only be able to treat their families to modest surroundings.
Guess we should just mark it up to different cultures.

Jeeez! It was meant to be a bit humorous. Came from these: Of course, you could probably find fault
with each of them if you tried hard enough.

Cynical Philosopher

I read that 4,153,237 people got married last year. Not to cause any trouble, but shouldn't that be
an even number?

I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing
behind you.

When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90% of their body. Men are so polite they only look at the
covered parts.

Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?

America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but
won't cross the street to vote.

You know that tingly little feeling you get when you love someone? That's your common sense leaving
your body.

Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people
to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that.

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been Googling my name on her computer. I saw it through
my telescope last night.

Money talks ... but all mine ever says is good-bye.

You're not fat, you're just easier to see.

If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say,
"Here, fill this out?"

***Harry's therapist said that his narcissism causes him to misread social situations. He was pretty
sure she was hitting on him.***

My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I'm worried about the 145 pounds I've gained
since then.

Denny's has a slogan, "If it's your birthday, the meal is on us." If you're in Denny's and it's
your birthday, your life sucks!

The pharmacist asked me my birth date again today. I'm pretty sure she's going to get me something.

The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can go in a robe before you
start looking like a mental patient.

I think it's pretty cool how Chinese people made a language entirely out of tattoos.

Money can't buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch!

The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea,
Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course,
Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk.

Now, go have a nice day, or whichever kind of day you want.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 19:16:56 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:09:26 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:01:06 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04:04 -0400, John H
wrote:

In using the word 'overspiced', you can only be referring to the additional garlic I recommend. Keep
in mind, garlic is not a spice, it's a vegetable. You should eat lots of vegetables and less of
whatever got you the man-boobs.

It is also a strong antioxidant with lots of beneficial properties. I
buy it fresh by the bag..

Try this:

1. Cut the top off each head of garlic, exposing the cloves within.

2. Place the garlic heads in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt
and pepper.

3. Pour in about 1 1/2 tablespoons water for each head of garlic. (Option: You can also use white
wine, for a winey-infused garlic.)

4. Cover the dish with a microwave-safe lid.

5. Microwave on 50% power in periods of 3 minutes.

6. Check the garlic after each 3-minute period, poking it with a fork to see how tender the garlic
cloves are. (Be careful when removing the lid, as hot steam will billow out.)

7. Continue microwaving. After 6 minutes have elapsed, cook in increments of 1 minute each, until
the garlic is very soft and can be pierced easily with a fork. Squeeze garlic out of the cloves and
use in a recipe. Or turbo-boost your garlic by giving it a quick roast!

The garlic cloves will squeeze right out. This is a great way to make garlic mashed potatoes.

I don't have a problem peeling raw garlic but I do agree roasting it
makes it better ... much like chilies.
I crush garlic into a dry pan and roast it a bit add a chunk of butter
and cook it down to add to things like potatoes. If you start with
that and a bundle of tied up thyme, then when it has sauteed well add
cut up red potatoes and cover with water you got you something. Cook
covered on low heat until the potatoes are soft tossing a few times,
then uncover, remove the thyme bundle, increase heat and toss until
the remaining liquid is boiled away. You end up with creamy red
potatoes.

The nice thing about the microwave method above is how easy the garlic is to get out of the peel
once zapped. Just squeeze the head and each bulb just squishes out.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:27:07 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Denny's is an OK place to go get a grand slam after the bars close but
I am not sure most people would consider it a birthday present. It is
basically a Waffle House without the "Scattered and Smothered" home
fries.

Whenever we drive "souf" and leave early in the morning, we drive down
301 until we hit a good, close crossover to I-95, and have breakfast at
a Waffle House. Love that food once in a while and, of course, there is
always plenty of drama at a Waffle House.

Don't you just hop on 207 right past AP Hill? (another evil name that
has to change)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:40:16 -0400, John H
wrote:

I read that 4,153,237 people got married last year. Not to cause any trouble, but shouldn't that be
an even number?

Mormons?

wrote:

[...]

I smash them on the block with the flat side of my big knife and the
skin pops off. I am going to crush it or chop it anyway.

On 9/22/17 1:13 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:51:13 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

Denny's is an OK place to go get a grand slam after the bars close but
I am not sure most people would consider it a birthday present. It is
basically a Waffle House without the "Scattered and Smothered" home
fries.

Whenever we drive "souf" and leave early in the morning, we drive down
301 until we hit a good, close crossover to I-95, and have breakfast at
a Waffle House. Love that food once in a while and, of course, there is
always plenty of drama at a Waffle House.

Don't you just hop on 207 right past AP Hill? (another evil name that
has to change)

Yup...there's a Waffle House there just on the other side of I-95.
However, there is a lot less drama in that WH than in the ones in the
Carolinas.

I was usually rolling when I got there and would not stop until I
needed gas. My trips to Florida were always about as non-stop as I
could possibly do. The best car for that turned out to be my Gremlin.
That was a one stop trip, Clinton to Treasure Island.
It had a 25 gallon tank and would make it all the way on one fill up.
(handy when gas was hard to come by in the 70s)

Oh, we did it that way when we were younger, non-stop except maybe to
pee and refill our tanks. Not any more.
Tim Tim is offline

12:14

wrote:

[...]

I never really enjoyed the culinary arts of the awful waffle while traveling until later.

When going to see my sister in Orlando I'd go almost non-stop on my CB 750 Honda. Catch a Mac or Arby's and drive straight through. I'd make it in 14 hrs. I was in my middle-late twenties. That was then, this is now...