Default Chevy Volt Slogan...

"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:46:20 -0400, W1TEF wrote:

"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

Can we assume that you are not in any rush to buy one? The Tesla
looks a lot more interesting with its 0 to 60 time of something like 3
seconds. On the other hand the Chevy would make one heck of a power
pack for battery powered Field Day operations. :-)

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:46:20 -0400, W1TEF wrote:

"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

Can we assume that you are not in any rush to buy one? The Tesla
looks a lot more interesting with its 0 to 60 time of something like 3
seconds. On the other hand the Chevy would make one heck of a power
pack for battery powered Field Day operations. :-)

The Tesla is amazing. I got to drive one... amazing acceleration! I believe
the realistic range (read lead foot driving) is about 150 miles.

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:17:31 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:46:20 -0400, W1TEF wrote:

"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

Can we assume that you are not in any rush to buy one? The Tesla
looks a lot more interesting with its 0 to 60 time of something like 3
seconds. On the other hand the Chevy would make one heck of a power
pack for battery powered Field Day operations. :-)

Heh - gotta love Briggs and Stratton generators. :)

On 02/08/2010 6:46 AM, W1TEF wrote:
"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

Especially since you could get a Tata Nano for $under $3000, the
interest alone on the difference would pay for the gas as the Nano gets
more than 50 mpg, A/C works too on the $3500 model, as well a s heat.
Even European crash rated.

GM, like the Volt, too expensive and too screwed up to be economically
viable.

But at GM, they keep sucking those tax dollars. Obama style, can you
say charge it to the taxpayer?

Volt/GM is insanity.

--
In Alberta, Liberals are like rats, not many of them around.

wrote:

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:46:20 -0400, wrote:

"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

Can we assume that you are not in any rush to buy one? The Tesla
looks a lot more interesting with its 0 to 60 time of something like 3
seconds. On the other hand the Chevy would make one heck of a power
pack for battery powered Field Day operations. :-)

Heh - gotta love Briggs and Stratton generators. :)

Which is really all it is.

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:58:40 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

On 02/08/2010 6:46 AM, W1TEF wrote:
"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

Especially since you could get a Tata Nano for $under $3000, the
interest alone on the difference would pay for the gas as the Nano gets
more than 50 mpg, A/C works too on the $3500 model, as well a s heat.
Even European crash rated.

GM, like the Volt, too expensive and too screwed up to be economically
viable.

But at GM, they keep sucking those tax dollars. Obama style, can you
say charge it to the taxpayer?

Volt/GM is insanity.

Here's what we need more of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDF2E...layer_embedded
--

John H

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

Couple people in my neighbourhood drive electric 'Vespa type' scooters.
Weird.. they pass by without a sound. These models seem a bit low powered,
and the owners drive like little old ladies on Sunday.

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:46:20 -0400, W1TEF wrote:

"With no carbon monoxide, it's the only car that will prevent the
owner's suicide attempt it will inevitably cause."

http://www.slate.com/id/2262229/pagenum/all/

Can we assume that you are not in any rush to buy one? The Tesla
looks a lot more interesting with its 0 to 60 time of something like 3
seconds. On the other hand the Chevy would make one heck of a power
pack for battery powered Field Day operations. :-)

The first question I have for the Tesla owners is how much does it cost
to remove an imbedded object from the bumper? Zero to Sixty in 3 seconds
is going to be awfully hard to resist.