Default Greg is OK, but ...

....my friend says, "They don't have wifi or power yet. It's estimated that it'll be back on
September 22."

So there.

On Sunday, 17 September 2017 08:41:40 UTC-3, John H wrote:
...my friend says, "They don't have wifi or power yet. It's estimated that it'll be back on
September 22."

So there.

My buddy in the BVI lost all three of his boats...one he lives on, one he had ties to it and was used as storage and a 19' day sailor. He's ok though...just got a message from his brother this morning. Odd..the live aboard was a boat he found blown inland from a previous hurricane. I imagine he'll be shopping around for another survey project once the insurance people have done their writing off.
Besides being a Capt up to a certain tonnage, he is a licensed surveyor.
Tim Tim is offline

My buddy in the BVI lost all three of his boats...one he lives on, one he had ties to it and was used as storage and a 19' day sailor. He's ok though...just got a message from his brother this morning. Odd..the live aboard was a boat he found blown inland from a previous hurricane. I imagine he'll be shopping around for another survey project once the insurance people have done their writing off.
Besides being a Capt up to a certain tonnage, he is a licensed surveyor.

All in all it was a totally bad deal...

On Sunday, 17 September 2017 16:16:28 UTC-3, Tim wrote:
My buddy in the BVI lost all three of his boats...one he lives on, one he had ties to it and was used as storage and a 19' day sailor. He's ok though...just got a message from his brother this morning. Odd..the live aboard was a boat he found blown inland from a previous hurricane. I imagine he'll be shopping around for another survey project once the insurance people have done their writing off.
Besides being a Capt up to a certain tonnage, he is a licensed surveyor.

All in all it was a totally bad deal...

He's a character who somehow lands on his feet. usually things are slow down there during the summer so he survives on his small canada Pension and a pension from the British Virgin Islands supplemented with his duties as Hurricane Warden for the Roadtown area. His brother just told me that now Vic is working for a salvage company. I'm sure he'll find a new home before too long.

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

How long has your buddy been bumming around in the islands?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Sunday, 17 September 2017 20:27:24 UTC-3, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
[...]

He doesn't bum around, Justine....he works when it's available in the winter months. If a ditz like y'all wanted to cruise for a week on a sailboat, I'd highly recommend y'all hire a boat with a captain (such as him) to save you from doing something stupid. He teaches sailing to tourists, does some commercial scuba diving...even worked on a movie a number of years back. He transports boats from port to port for clients...such as the numerous boat charter companies down there. A lot of this work is dependent on a healthy tourist season.

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

Sounds like fun.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Greg...Don't see you here! John H[_2_] General 8 September 11th 17 12:21 PM
For Greg... Keyser Söze General 23 February 18th 15 12:45 PM
for Greg Harrold General 8 September 25th 14 08:47 PM
So, Greg... F*O*A*D General 34 September 7th 14 03:08 AM
Yo Greg! John H.[_5_] General 13 May 4th 12 01:35 AM