Default Gettysburg

Just got in from a great week-plus at Gettysburg . First was a get-together for our camping group,
followed by the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival. While there, we toured the battlefield again,
learning more new stuff. If you've never been to Gettysburg and toured the battlefield and visitors'
center, you're missing out on a great experience. Before taking a tour, professionally or
self-guided, I would recommend watching the movie "Gettysburg" which will help understand what is
being seen on the ground. (And it's a great movie.)

A couple things came to mind while there. Foremost was the question about statues, monuments, and
street names for Confederate soldiers and units. Given the recent destruction of Confederate
memorials, I wonder what will become of the dozens of memorials lining the battlefield at
Gettysburg. When will the liberals decide those memorials must be erased also.

Another thing that came to mind, actually the subject was brought up by one of the band leaders, was
the use of the term 'hillbilly' to refer to the artists and genre of Bluegrass music. The bandsman
talked about how degrading the term 'hillbilly' was, likening it to some of the other 'slang' terms
used to describe various groups of people.

His bottom line was this, instead of being called 'hillbillies', Bluegrass folk would much prefer
the use of the term 'Appalachian-Americans'.

Sounds reasonable to me.
Tim Tim is offline

Lol!

Now on a serious note. Seeing confederate statues and memorials are being torn down or vandalized- I wonder when idiots are going to start destroying or plucking up CSA tombstones?

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 09:24:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Lol!

Now on a serious note. Seeing confederate statues and memorials are being torn down or vandalized- I wonder when idiots are going to start destroying or plucking up CSA tombstones?

Five dollars says Harry won't respond to that! There are thousands of tombstones with 'CSA' at the
top.
Tim Tim is offline

2:28 PMJohn H
On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 09:24:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Lol!

Now on a serious note. Seeing confederate statues and memorials are being torn down or vandalized- I wonder when idiots are going to start destroying or plucking up CSA tombstones?

Five dollars says Harry won't respond to that! There are thousands of tombstones with 'CSA' at the
top.
---

Oh he probably will seeing he said he "was delighted" to see the statues coming down..,

On 8/21/17 12:24 PM, Tim wrote:
Lol!

Now on a serious note. Seeing confederate statues and memorials are being torn down or vandalized- I wonder when idiots are going to start destroying or plucking up CSA tombstones?

We can hope that doesn't happen. Grave desecration is something nazis do.

Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 3:47:48 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/21/17 12:24 PM, Tim wrote:
Lol!

Now on a serious note. Seeing confederate statues and memorials are being torn down or vandalized- I wonder when idiots are going to start destroying or plucking up CSA tombstones?

We can hope that doesn't happen. Grave desecration is something nazis do.

Wekk,, I wonder who did this
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/new...ized/21530651/

And these?

https://hips.htvapps.com/htv-prod-me...8-33895768.jpg

https://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news...23-646x485.jpg

Doesn't look like the work of Nazi's to me...

Boycott Gettysburg Tom General 2 August 20th 06 01:28 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Boat Building 0 August 8th 06 05:30 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Cruising 0 August 8th 06 05:30 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom General 7 July 30th 06 02:23 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Cruising 5 July 28th 06 02:07 PM