Default More true than we want to believe.

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

In article , says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

On 8/5/17 5:16 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article , says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

For millions of American workers who were screwed out of their pensions
by corporate creed, Social Security is all they will have left, and for
the tens of millions of American workers who will never be able to get
into the middle class or rise from it, there's little hope for a decent
retirement, even with Social Security.

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 16:16:11 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article , says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

No, we vacation in the mountains ... on your money

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 17:36:39 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 8/5/17 5:16 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article , says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

For millions of American workers who were screwed out of their pensions
by corporate creed, Social Security is all they will have left, and for
the tens of millions of American workers who will never be able to get
into the middle class or rise from it, there's little hope for a decent
retirement, even with Social Security.

Do you think you deserve to rise from the lower middle class? Does being a great liar qualify you
for same?

In article , says...

wrote:

In article ,
says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

No, we vacation in the mountains ... on your money

Glad to be helping. Enjoy.

In article , says...

wrote:

In article ,
says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

No, we vacation in the mountains ... on your money

Glad to be helping. Enjoy.

For the record, I appreciate spending your earnings also.

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 17:36:39 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 8/5/17 5:16 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article , says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

For millions of American workers who were screwed out of their pensions
by corporate creed, Social Security is all they will have left, and for
the tens of millions of American workers who will never be able to get
into the middle class or rise from it, there's little hope for a decent
retirement, even with Social Security.

Too bad it is a huge Ponzi scam that is going to blow up in less than
a decade. Both SS and MC are upside down and there does not seem to be
any plan from either side to bail it out. The "trust fund" is a
fantasy and we can't even pay back the debt we are incurring today.
That trust fund is just another line item on the debt. The fix had to
happen in the 50s and 60s and it would have involved changing the
retirement age to something more closely related to life expectancy.
Before you say it, yes I am the best example of that mistake by our
government. If I don't get hit by a bus or some other unseen calamity,
I will be retired longer than I worked. It wasn't my idea. It was all
just part of that Clinton prosperity we keep hearing about. (AKA
creative bookkeeping)

BTW most workers of the first cohort of the boomer generation are
doing just fine with their corporate pensions. It was during the
Clinton administration when the defined pension plan started
disappearing. Even so most are vested in some defined benefits.
Ah prosperity!

wrote:

In article ,
says...

http://tinyurl.com/ydxb8j66

from the onion

Your vacation photos?

No, we vacation in the mountains ... on your money

Glad to be helping. Enjoy.

For the record, I appreciate spending your earnings also.

Hey they made us do it.
I am sort of curious what would have happened to my money if I had put
all of my FICA into IBM stock (or even a decent fund). Some day, if I
get bored I may load it into excel and see. The spreadsheet for the
stock already exists on the shareholder site. I just need to enter my
SS payments from the statements I have.
My basis, even on shares I bought in the 90s, is less than $10. I
would have been buying them since 66.
Just based on the basis calculations I have done on the shares I have
I believe it would be in the millions.
I will be lucky to get a half million out of SS. (I will be over 85
when that happens)

In article , says...

[...]

Don't worry about it. When SS "blows up" they'll just put asset and income limitations
on those who are allowed to draw it. MC will be taken care of by single payer.
No problem.
Then you'll have much more than Bill Clinton to whine about.