Frank Wiginton

Default J24 Hull Conditioning - Teflon?

Does anyone know what you use to make your hull slippery? I heard about some
kind of Teflon coating you can apply after sanding it down?? any ideas Frank

hugh

there was a poll on the Star class forum a while back. several people were
using "Teflon". i asked that that meant and was told it meant starbrite
teflon polish. i'm sure any other polish - probably with or without
teflon - would be good. several others were using McLube.

VC17 is a really good antifouling that does contain teflon, but i'm not sure
that anyone would describe is as "Teflon".

hugh

"Frank Wiginton" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

Does anyone know what you use to make your hull slippery? I heard about

some
kind of Teflon coating you can apply after sanding it down?? any ideas

Frank

Southport Yacht Club

I sail an Etchells and find that totally clean gelcoat is as good as
anything. Below the waterline I use a scotchbrite pad and jif which gives a
matt, oil free finish, causing water to 'flow' rather than 'bead' on the
surface.

Also.... be aware of the second part of Rule 53, "A boat shall not .... have
specially textured surfaces that could improve the character of the flow ow
water inside the boundary layer".