Southport Yacht Club

Default J24 Hull Conditioning - Teflon?

I sail an Etchells and find that totally clean gelcoat is as good as
anything. Below the waterline I use a scotchbrite pad and jif which gives a
matt, oil free finish, causing water to 'flow' rather than 'bead' on the
surface.

Also.... be aware of the second part of Rule 53, "A boat shall not .... have
specially textured surfaces that could improve the character of the flow ow
water inside the boundary layer".

"Frank Wiginton" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

Does anyone know what you use to make your hull slippery? I heard about

some
kind of Teflon coating you can apply after sanding it down?? any ideas

Frank