Dan Williams

Default 20' Jetboat W/350 Indmar - How to make more power?

Hello,
I have a new "Famly Jetboat" that has a legend jet drive and an Indmar
350
Vortec Carbeurated engine.
I love the boat, it works great, but wondered if there are any known
mods
that will assist in performance.
Some Pictures of it are he
http://www.willcraft.com/gallery/vie...Sep_8_2002_008
Thanks,
Dan

Gustaf

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a new "Famly Jetboat" that has a legend jet drive and an Indmar
350
Vortec Carbeurated engine.
I love the boat, it works great, but wondered if there are any known
mods
that will assist in performance.
Some Pictures of it are he

http://www.willcraft.com/gallery/vie...JetBoats&id=La
c_De_Isles_Sep_8_2002_008
Thanks,
Dan

What are the engine specs ???

Dan Williams

Hi Gustaf,
This is what I have and it is not much:
This link may also help:
http://www.indmar.com/engines/engine...=ind_57_v_carb
Displacement: 5.7L / 350 CID
Cylinders: V-8
Bore & Stroke: 4.00 x 3.48
Compression Ratio: 9.4:1 ( Vortec high-flow heads)
Block Mfg.: GM Powertrain
Fuel System: Holley 4150/ 4-bbl
Ignition: Electronic, Delco HEI (High Energy Ignition)
Fuel Required: Unleaded, 89 octane minimum
Max. RPM: 5,000
Oil Type: SAE 15W-40 Pennzoil Marine
Fuel Requirement: Unleaded 89 Octane
Thanks,
Dan

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:01:39 -0500, "Gustaf"
wrote:

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I have a new "Famly Jetboat" that has a legend jet drive and an Indmar
350
Vortec Carbeurated engine.
I love the boat, it works great, but wondered if there are any known
mods
that will assist in performance.
Some Pictures of it are he

http://www.willcraft.com/gallery/vie...JetBoats&id=La
c_De_Isles_Sep_8_2002_008
Thanks,
Dan

What are the engine specs ???

Gustaf

You need to decide what performance parameters need improvement, as the
Vortec motor starts off pretty good right out of the box. (top speed, hole
shot, acceleration, etc...) Note that any modification may reduce
reliability, or decrease service intervals. Any changes will affect
something else. Contact a reputable engine builder for their suggestions
as well, but I'd look at breathing first. Exhaust, Intake, and Valve Train.

wrote:

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I have a new "Famly Jetboat" that has a legend jet drive and an Indmar
350
Vortec Carbeurated engine.
I love the boat, it works great, but wondered if there are any known
mods
that will assist in performance.
Some Pictures of it are he

http://www.willcraft.com/gallery/vie...=JetBoats&id=L

c_De_Isles_Sep_8_2002_008
Thanks,
Dan

What are the engine specs ???

Steve

wrote:

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I have a new "Famly Jetboat" that has a legend jet drive and an Indmar
350
Vortec Carbeurated engine.
I love the boat, it works great, but wondered if there are any known
mods
that will assist in performance.
Some Pictures of it are he

http://www.willcraft.com/gallery/vie...=JetBoats&id=L

c_De_Isles_Sep_8_2002_008
Thanks,
Dan

What are the engine specs ???

Hey good chat.... Steve (dont ask)
Steve

wrote:

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I have a new "Famly Jetboat" that has a legend jet drive and an Indmar
350
Vortec Carbeurated engine.
I love the boat, it works great, but wondered if there are any known
mods
that will assist in performance.
Some Pictures of it are he

http://www.willcraft.com/gallery/vie...=JetBoats&id=L

c_De_Isles_Sep_8_2002_008
Thanks,
Dan

What are the engine specs ???

Where can i learn to sail??? Steve (dont ask)
Gustaf

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Where can i learn to sail??? Steve (dont ask)

Bathtubs, puddles, kitchen sink, etc.....

On the other hand, why would you want to bother? A sailbot is in reality, a
powerboat with funny sticks, strings, and rags hanging off of it. You can't
get to where you want to go without starting the motor, and the only chicks
you get have hamsters growing in their armpits. Oh, by the way, don't ****
to windward.....