Default A short story

Yesterday I decided to get up early and check the new sprinkler system, so I set the clock for 4:30
and got up. The system is supposed to run from 5 -6 o'clock. So I'm sitting on the front porch in
the dark with a flashilight waiting for the sprinklers to start doing their thing. Well, 5 o'clock
comes and goes, and nothing happens. By 5:30 I'm thinking the system's broke, but when I walk out in
the yard I feel water hitting me. OK, go try to find which sprinkler is getting me wet. None of 'em.
It just started raining. By 6 o'clock I'm ****ed and waiting for the office to open so I can vent.

Soon my wife woke up, and I told her the story. So she gets out her smart phone, hits the
appropriate app, and explains the situation to me. The system had checked the weather forecast,
realized it was going to rain, and stayed off. It even sent her a text message saying why it would
not be on today.

Un-friggin'-real.

On Friday, 23 June 2017 17:10:06 UTC-3, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

What the 'ell? A sprinkler system smarter than you?
You would have thought!

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 7:54:41 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
[...]

Instigating and irritating.

Its Me wrote:
[...]

Definitely smarter than Don.