Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Akuret tires

Coming down I-270 by the Germantown, MD, exit I was pulled over by a local cop. "Did you know you
have a tire missing?" he asked. No, I didn't. We'd been in some really, really ****ty weather coming
back on Monday, and I had been too busy watching the road to check on the tires as I should have.
Anyway, the tire had shredded itself. All that was left was a few inches of sidewall on each side of
the rim. The tire was an 'Akuret', made in China, and put on the trailer just last year. Two were
given to me by the dealer to make up for having put the wrong spare on my trailer. The tire probably
had less than a couple thousand miles on it. Hope the picture comes through:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...20TIRE%202.jpg

I was very lucky that the other tire on that side, a Carlisle, didn't go also. That would have been
a real mess. All ended up well. I got the tire changed (patting myself on the back for that!), and
we continued on. The spare is also an Akuret, but luckily it made it the 20-30 miles we had left to
go. The new Carlisle will take it's place and the Akuret will be trashed. I'll get another Carlisle
to use as a spare.

Nitrogen in tires John...same as yesterday. General 114 July 9th 09 06:20 PM
trailer tires [email protected] General 14 November 15th 06 12:46 AM
Hot Trailer Tires Pat & Betsy Parrish General 13 August 8th 06 03:28 AM
Trailer Tires Chris General 3 June 16th 04 02:40 PM
trailer tires Karen Kent General 7 January 6th 04 02:19 AM