Default Going to meet their 72 virgins ...

One of our soldiers was killed in a firefight with ISIS in Afghanistan.

Trump responds by dropping a 21,000 lb bomb ... the largest non-nuclear
bomb the US has ... on the ISIS held area.

So much for drones.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:30:40 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

One of our soldiers was killed in a firefight with ISIS in Afghanistan.

Trump responds by dropping a 21,000 lb bomb ... the largest non-nuclear
bomb the US has ... on the ISIS held area.

So much for drones.

I'm sure Harry, et al, will whine about how much it cost, although the damn things are probably just
sitting around getting rusty. Some info:

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app5/moab.html

On 4/13/2017 1:45 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:30:40 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

One of our soldiers was killed in a firefight with ISIS in Afghanistan.

Trump responds by dropping a 21,000 lb bomb ... the largest non-nuclear
bomb the US has ... on the ISIS held area.

So much for drones.

I'm sure Harry, et al, will whine about how much it cost, although the damn things are probably just
sitting around getting rusty. Some info:

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app5/moab.html

Just heard on one of the news networks that we actually have another
version that's even bigger than the one used today.

I am sure it's use was also intended to catch the attention of the crazy
fat kid in North Korea.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:59:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/13/2017 1:45 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:30:40 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

One of our soldiers was killed in a firefight with ISIS in Afghanistan.

Trump responds by dropping a 21,000 lb bomb ... the largest non-nuclear
bomb the US has ... on the ISIS held area.

So much for drones.

I'm sure Harry, et al, will whine about how much it cost, although the damn things are probably just
sitting around getting rusty. Some info:

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app5/moab.html

Just heard on one of the news networks that we actually have another
version that's even bigger than the one used today.

I am sure it's use was also intended to catch the attention of the crazy
fat kid in North Korea.

Those are just what we call "barrel bombs" when somebody else uses
one. They are certainly plenty cheap enough. It might just be a big
tank of amatol with a quarter pound of C4 in it to kick it off. (Think
Murrah Building in OKC).

There are also fuel air bombs that can be more devastating.
Basically they turn the air over an acre or two of land into an
explosive mixture and then light it. Even if the blast can't get to
you, all of the oxygen is gone.

wrote:

[...]

The MOAB we just dropped isn't exactly a cheap barrel bomb Greg.
The version used last night is a precision guided bomb loaded with 11
tons of TNT. It was originally designed to blow up nuke missile sites.
They used it in Afghanistan near the Pakistan boarder where ISIS hangs
out in caves and tunnels. Happens to be near where the Green Beret was
killed over the weekend.

Barrel bombs are just unguided drums filled with explosives, ball
bearings, nails and anything cheap that can cause a lot of damage on a
human.

wrote:

[...]

So this is a barrel bomb with a guidance package on it. My bad.
It is still cheap compared to a Tomahawk.

72 virgins... JustWait General 17 October 5th 11 06:36 AM
72 virgins... JustWait General 0 September 30th 11 04:25 PM
Trip Report 2006: Spanish and US Virgins Bart Senior ASA 48 March 13th 06 05:11 AM
We'll meet at Last!!!! Capt. Rob ASA 92 February 15th 06 03:27 AM
Dreaming of Virgins Don White General 29 March 23rd 04 07:28 PM