Default Drones!

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:59:14 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 4:58:28 PM UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 16:40:28 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 9:00:49 PM UTC-4, Its Me wrote:
Well, I finally pull the trigger and bought one of these:

http://www.dji.com/mavic

I only have a few flights in so far, and just a couple of videos, but wow! It is really a capable platform. 4K video, 12 mega pixel camera, GPS stabilized, etc. Easy to fly. The controller and drone fit in a roughly 5x5x10 soft bag that you can throw over your shoulder and take with you. It's amazing.

Against my better judgement, here's a link to the 2nd video I took with it. No sound, no editing, no camera tweaks. There's a lot to learn as far as the software and capabilities, and I'm just taking baby steps right now.

This is at about 350ft max. I pause on the lake in the distance with the new dam to the right, and also the skyline of Columbia. It's boring. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/SKkP0Jtj7qQ

Are you doing this with FPV, or just estimating the view of the camera. Good job

The controller has a smart device attached, an Apple Mini 4, and the camera image is streamed live to it in 1080 or 720, depending on the signal strength. It shows the camera view or a map view, or can show both. The map view is downloaded and it shows your location and the drone's, so you can, for example, fly a property's borders without even looking at the drone or the image it's taking. I did this looking at the camera image. It's a bad video with large stationary images while I get my bearings and figure out what to do next. And my landing area is small and has overhanging Oak branches so I have to maneuver it out and back in carefully. Like I've said before, flying it in GPS positioning mode is easy, but the vast array of software features and settings has a learning curve. I'll get better with time.

You are, of course, using an observer with eyes on the aircraft in accordance with the FAA rules!
And, you're keeping your FAA Certificate of Registration right next to your Concealed Carry Permit
in your wallet. And, of course, your FAA number is imprinted on your aircraft. And...

Friggin' rule-making liberals. Hope Trump overturns some more of that crap.

Poco Deplorevole
"You are, of course, using an observer with eyes on the aircraft in accordance with the FAA rules!
And, you're keeping your FAA Certificate of Registration right next to your Concealed Carry Permit
in your wallet. And, of course, your FAA number is imprinted on your aircraft. And...

Friggin' rule-making liberals. Hope Trump overturns some more of that crap."

Sure Johnny. Better to let the irresponsible users play around an airport unrestricted to take down a few airliners with little chance of capturing the offenders.
Flush your head...please!

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 8:41:58 AM UTC-4, True North wrote:
Poco Deplorevole
"You are, of course, using an observer with eyes on the aircraft in accordance with the FAA rules!
And, you're keeping your FAA Certificate of Registration right next to your Concealed Carry Permit
in your wallet. And, of course, your FAA number is imprinted on your aircraft. And...

Friggin' rule-making liberals. Hope Trump overturns some more of that crap."

Sure Johnny. Better to let the irresponsible users play around an airport unrestricted to take down a few airliners with little chance of capturing the offenders.
Flush your head...please!

The idiots flying around commercial airliners aren't registering much less putting the numbers on their drones, dummy. Only responsible flyers do those things.

John, I have my card in my wallet and the numbers on the drone.

On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 09:58:02 UTC-3, Its Me wrote:
[...]

All I can say JackOff is that it's a good thing y'all don't live up here. You'd never get a personalized license plate.
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/03/...5511490622353/

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:41:57 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Poco Deplorevole
"You are, of course, using an observer with eyes on the aircraft in accordance with the FAA rules!
And, you're keeping your FAA Certificate of Registration right next to your Concealed Carry Permit
in your wallet. And, of course, your FAA number is imprinted on your aircraft. And...

Friggin' rule-making liberals. Hope Trump overturns some more of that crap."

Sure Johnny. Better to let the irresponsible users play around an airport unrestricted to take down a few airliners with little chance of capturing the offenders.
Flush your head...please!

Do you think irresponsible users will stop just because the FAA says to put a number on your
aircraft?

Talk about a head flush!

Why are you still so fascinated with toilets, flushing, turds, mops, etc. Couldn't you leave that
behind when you retired?

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 06:29:36 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

[...]

What does that have to do with your comment about flying drones, Donnee?

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:57:58 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

[...]

Pain in the butt. I put mine in the battery well. Keep the card in the transmitter case. Too much
crap in the wallet.

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:29:38 AM UTC-4, True North wrote:
[...]

You're such a simpleton for so many reasons, Donna.

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:47:24 AM UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

And he's still using "y'all" wrong. Makes him look dumber.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:31:58 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

[...]

I notice he's STFU. He'd appear a lot less stupid if he maintained that policy.

Drones! Alex[_10_] General 2 April 11th 17 12:49 PM
Beethoven With Drones [email protected] General 2 February 23rd 16 01:19 AM
Drones! Keyser Söze General 8 October 22nd 15 12:54 AM
FAA May Continue to Regulate Drones F*O*A*D General 15 November 20th 14 12:16 AM