Default Small Sailboat Capsizes on California Coast

This is a bone chilling video of a small boat getting into big
trouble. Fortunately everyone survived but two were seriously
injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYTGre3fAA&feature=youtu.be

On Saturday, 1 April 2017 10:52:10 UTC-3, wrote:
This is a bone chilling video of a small boat getting into big
trouble. Fortunately everyone survived but two were seriously
injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYTGre3fAA&feature=youtu.be

Looks to be in the 20-24 foot range.
We had a scary incident on my buddies sailboat once when the forestay cleat let go under heavy south westerly winds off a harbour island. The anchor was somehow attached to the same cleat so it was bouncing around and then the baby stay let go causing the 33 foot mast to come crashing down between me and the owner's girlfriend in the cockpit. No one was injured but it was a bit wild until the mast came down...then everything calmed down and we motored back to the Squadron.

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:49:11 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

On Saturday, 1 April 2017 10:52:10 UTC-3, wrote:
This is a bone chilling video of a small boat getting into big
trouble. Fortunately everyone survived but two were seriously
injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYTGre3fAA&feature=youtu.be

Looks to be in the 20-24 foot range.
We had a scary incident on my buddies sailboat once when the forestay cleat let go under heavy south westerly winds off a harbour island. The anchor was somehow attached to the same cleat so it was bouncing around and then the baby stay let go causing the 33 foot mast to come crashing down between me and the owner's girlfriend in the cockpit. No one was injured but it was a bit wild until the mast came down...then everything calmed down and we motored back to the Squadron.

===

I would have guessed that it was a J-24 but according to this news
report it was 25 feet.

http://ktla.com/2017/03/30/4-people-rescued-after-sailboat-capsizes-in-redondo-beach/

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:49:11 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Saturday, 1 April 2017 10:52:10 UTC-3, wrote:
This is a bone chilling video of a small boat getting into big
trouble. Fortunately everyone survived but two were seriously
injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYTGre3fAA&feature=youtu.be

Looks to be in the 20-24 foot range.
We had a scary incident on my buddies sailboat once when the forestay cleat let go under heavy south westerly winds off a harbour island. The anchor was somehow attached to the same cleat so it was bouncing around and then the baby stay let go causing the 33 foot mast to come crashing down between me and the owner's girlfriend in the cockpit. No one was injured but it was a bit wild until the mast came down...then everything calmed down and we motored back to the Squadron.

Did you mean 'buddy's' sailboat?