Default Thanks guys - for the laptop help!

I'll let you know what I finally get, but I'm leaning towards that HP now. Thousand bucks for all
that seems like a decent deal.

https://www.costco.com/HP-ENVY-17t-L...100317268.html

On 3/29/2017 6:29 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
I'll let you know what I finally get, but I'm leaning towards that HP now. Thousand bucks for all
that seems like a decent deal.

https://www.costco.com/HP-ENVY-17t-L...100317268.html

Looks like a nice one. Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. :-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Tim Tim is offline

5:52 PMMr. Luddite
Looks like a nice one. Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. :-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
---
Win 10s not bad Richard, no more than what t I do with one I can't see any diffrence from Win7

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:52:36 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/29/2017 6:29 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
I'll let you know what I finally get, but I'm leaning towards that HP now. Thousand bucks for all
that seems like a decent deal.

https://www.costco.com/HP-ENVY-17t-L...100317268.html

Looks like a nice one. Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. :-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Get used to paying Microsoft a recurring charge too. That is their
goal. They want subscription software, not pay and run forever.

I have still not found anything I want to do that XP won't do for me.
Maybe I should just follow you guys around and pick up the machines
you throw away. ;-)

Bear in mind I was in the computer biz for 30 years, dealing with
thousands of customers over the years. The ones who were most
successful always ran a generation or two behind the bleeding edge.
Their hardware was field tested, all of the ECs were installed and the
"lemons" were history. (imagine the poor suckers who bought a "noodle
snatcher") The same was true of the software. Older versions had all
of the bugs shaken out.

Mr. Luddite
"Looks like a nice one. Â*Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. Â*:-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. Â*This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. Â*Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it."

One good thing about the two trips my HP NoteBook made to the repair center....it came back with Windows 8 after the 2nd trip and that's what I've been using on it since last July.

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 7:54:42 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
Mr. Luddite
"Looks like a nice one. Â*Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. Â*:-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. Â*This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. Â*Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it."

One good thing about the two trips my HP NoteBook made to the repair center...it came back with Windows 8 after the 2nd trip and that's what I've been using on it since last July.

Win8 sucks. Everyone thinks so. Too bad you didn't take the free Win10 upgrade while it lasted.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:52:36 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/29/2017 6:29 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
I'll let you know what I finally get, but I'm leaning towards that HP now. Thousand bucks for all
that seems like a decent deal.

https://www.costco.com/HP-ENVY-17t-L...100317268.html

Looks like a nice one. Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. :-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

That's OK. If I have all kinds of problems, I'll just blame you folks!

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:52:36 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/29/2017 6:29 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
I'll let you know what I finally get, but I'm leaning towards that HP now. Thousand bucks for all
that seems like a decent deal.

https://www.costco.com/HP-ENVY-17t-L...100317268.html

Looks like a nice one. Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. :-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

I've not had any problems with W10, but it does have some things I'm not wild about, like the 'apps'
window. I've still not figured that thing out.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:54:41 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Mr. Luddite
"Looks like a nice one. *Now that a few of us have suggested HP, you'll
probably have all kinds of problems with it. *:-)

I am also starting to shop for a new laptop. *This one is getting a bit
long in the tooth although it still works fine. *Not too excited about
Win 10 though, but I suppose I'll get used to it."

One good thing about the two trips my HP NoteBook made to the repair center...it came back with Windows 8 after the 2nd trip and that's what I've been using on it since last July.

When I bought my desktop, Win 8 was just out a few months. The dealer told me he'd load Win 7 and
that I should wait until the next version *after* Win 8 came out. You must be one of the lucky ones!

wrote:

[...]

Doesn't mean squat when the older computer with an older OS ****s the
bed due to a mother board blowing up or the hard drive crashing. I am
not into computer repair or building like you are. When it dies I buy a
new one.

New laptop... John H[_2_] General 70 July 30th 11 02:24 PM
Wind guys versus bat guys... John H[_11_] General 19 December 16th 09 01:26 AM
GPS and Laptop RGrew176 General 8 May 26th 04 05:04 PM
Laptop Gabriel Latrémouille Cruising 0 February 8th 04 05:01 PM
GPS on my laptop Dennis Vogel ASA 18 November 7th 03 03:57 AM