Default Winter tease

So, we had a couple of days last week with the temp approaching 70.
Thought maybe winter would end early. But, noooooooooooo.

Today we got about 4" of new snow. No big deal except the temps are
going down to single digits tonight with wind chills below zero.

All eyes are on a nor'easter on Tuesday though. The US computer model
has it tracking more to the west with predictions of only another 4" in
our area.

However, the European model which is usually more accurate in the
forecast track of winter storms, has it tracking more westerly with
computer predictions of 20" or more in our area.

Winter sucks.

On 3/10/2017 8:45 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
So, we had a couple of days last week with the temp approaching 70.
Thought maybe winter would end early. But, noooooooooooo.

Today we got about 4" of new snow. No big deal except the temps are
going down to single digits tonight with wind chills below zero.

All eyes are on a nor'easter on Tuesday though. The US computer model
has it tracking more to the west with predictions of only another 4" in
our area.

However, the European model which is usually more accurate in the
forecast track of winter storms, has it tracking more westerly with
computer predictions of 20" or more in our area.

Winter sucks.

Whoops. Meant to say the European model has it tracking more easterly,
not westerly. I need a compass.

Yup... we get it a day after you. Calling for -14 C tonight and -12 C tomorrow.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
So, we had a couple of days last week with the temp approaching 70.
Thought maybe winter would end early. But, noooooooooooo.

Today we got about 4" of new snow. No big deal except the temps are
going down to single digits tonight with wind chills below zero.

All eyes are on a nor'easter on Tuesday though. The US computer model
has it tracking more to the west with predictions of only another 4" in
our area.

However, the European model which is usually more accurate in the
forecast track of winter storms, has it tracking more westerly with
computer predictions of 20" or more in our area.

Winter sucks.

Was sunny, 70 yesterday here. Still warm, today, but was overcast. Was
going out with the boat, but wife was having a luncheon, and committed me
to go get the smog check on her car.

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 20:45:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

So, we had a couple of days last week with the temp approaching 70.
Thought maybe winter would end early. But, noooooooooooo.

Today we got about 4" of new snow. No big deal except the temps are
going down to single digits tonight with wind chills below zero.

All eyes are on a nor'easter on Tuesday though. The US computer model
has it tracking more to the west with predictions of only another 4" in
our area.

However, the European model which is usually more accurate in the
forecast track of winter storms, has it tracking more westerly with
computer predictions of 20" or more in our area.

Winter sucks.

The European model is frequently better with summer storms here too.
(but not always)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 18:28:19 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Yup... we get it a day after you. Calling for -14 C tonight and -12 C tomorrow.

The northern weather is coming off of us pretty soon. By the end of
the month the jet stream will not be pushing down this far anymore and
we will be tropical. Our weather will come from the east or just pop
up locally.

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 20:45:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

So, we had a couple of days last week with the temp approaching 70.
Thought maybe winter would end early. But, noooooooooooo.

Today we got about 4" of new snow. No big deal except the temps are
going down to single digits tonight with wind chills below zero.

All eyes are on a nor'easter on Tuesday though. The US computer model
has it tracking more to the west with predictions of only another 4" in
our area.

However, the European model which is usually more accurate in the
forecast track of winter storms, has it tracking more westerly with
computer predictions of 20" or more in our area.

Winter sucks.

We had ten minutes of snow yesterday. The day before I played golf in shorts and short-sleeves. Now
it's below freezing. Wish it'd make up its mind.

Done for the winter bob General 81 November 4th 12 01:59 AM
Peter R Cresswell Winter Layup 2012-01-24 - Peter R Cresswell Winter Layup 2012-01-24 #1634.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 25th 12 05:14 PM
Rt Hon Paul J Martin in Winter Layup 2012-01-24 - Rt Hon Paul J Martin Winter Layup 2012-01-24 #1636.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 25th 12 05:13 PM
hardly any dusts usably tease the abysmal winter Ronald ASA 0 April 22nd 05 01:12 PM
med in winter Charles Cox Cruising 0 November 2nd 03 06:40 PM