Default Hey Tim!

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 11:06:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2017 07:05:35 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 19:30:41 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Poco Deplorevole Wrote in message:
On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 16:12:49 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Tim Wrote in message:
5:33 AMPoco Deplorevole
On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 17:39:20 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Poco Deplorevole Wrote in message:
What do you think? Good price or bad price?

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1335

Do you have a choice?

Tim has a way of finding good deals.

Well I try. I couldn't find anything else out there. And when you consider parts for a rare and ancient Italian carburetor, then that's not bad. But are you sure you need them?

2 stroke or 4?

Moto Guzzi - 4 stroke.

Heavy float or worn or stuck needle and seat is all I can think of.

I'll have to take the carb off and check it out. Once it warms up enough to make the garage
comfortable, I'll do that. Tomorrow looks like it should be nice.

If this uses a plastic foam float it may be saturated with gas. The
only way to tell is to float it in gas or step on it. I had that
problem on a Rochester carb in my Corvette.

Nah, it's metal.Had it out a few years back when I rebuilt the carbs.

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 11:30:35 -0800 (PST), Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 11:06:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:

If this uses a plastic foam float it may be saturated with gas. The
only way to tell is to float it in gas or step on it. I had that
problem on a Rochester carb in my Corvette.

Nah, it's metal.Had it out a few years back when I rebuilt the carbs.

Cool, at least it is easy to check and easy to fix if it has a hole in
it. I have not seen a metal float in 40 years

wrote:

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 11:06:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:

If this uses a plastic foam float it may be saturated with gas. The
only way to tell is to float it in gas or step on it. I had that
problem on a Rochester carb in my Corvette.

Nah, it's metal.Had it out a few years back when I rebuilt the carbs.

Cool, at least it is easy to check and easy to fix if it has a hole in
it. I have not seen a metal float in 40 years

Last carb I had was on my old 351 motor and Holley carb in my boat.
Actually I realized that was in error. Last carb, and I need a new one is
on my weed eater where the alcohol in the fuel, broke down the tank filter,
and crude up the carb.