Default #53

I finally received my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I already
have purchased the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 scope, rings, and Atlas
bipod for it. It's a great combination! I can't wait for my next trip
to the 1000 yard range.

The 6.5 is a great long distance round but it looks like I will have to
fire it about 32 feet above the 1000 yard target compared to about 8
feet for my Barrett .338 Lapua Magnum. It's a lot of fun dialing in to
a target over a half mile away. This scope if far better than the
Leupold on the Barrett so I expect good results.

There are ranges of one mile or better out west so I plan to take them
both there very soon.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 21:35:17 -0500, Alex wrote:

I finally received my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I already
have purchased the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 scope, rings, and Atlas
bipod for it. It's a great combination! I can't wait for my next trip
to the 1000 yard range.

The 6.5 is a great long distance round but it looks like I will have to
fire it about 32 feet above the 1000 yard target compared to about 8
feet for my Barrett .338 Lapua Magnum. It's a lot of fun dialing in to
a target over a half mile away. This scope if far better than the
Leupold on the Barrett so I expect good results.

There are ranges of one mile or better out west so I plan to take them
both there very soon.

I see a lot of folks love that 6.5C. I have never seen one myself but
there is not a lot of varmint shooting here. The only nearby range is
200 yards. Your 6.5 is not even stretching it's legs at that distance.
I shoot that over open sights with my M1A and I am not really that
good. I am still a pistol and shotgun guy at heart.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 21:35:17 -0500, Alex wrote:

I finally received my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I already
have purchased the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 scope, rings, and Atlas
bipod for it. It's a great combination! I can't wait for my next trip
to the 1000 yard range.

The 6.5 is a great long distance round but it looks like I will have to
fire it about 32 feet above the 1000 yard target compared to about 8
feet for my Barrett .338 Lapua Magnum. It's a lot of fun dialing in to
a target over a half mile away. This scope if far better than the
Leupold on the Barrett so I expect good results.

There are ranges of one mile or better out west so I plan to take them
both there very soon.

Nice gun! Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9axtjT_tkg

When'd you grow all that hair?

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 21:35:17 -0500, Alex wrote:

I finally received my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I already
have purchased the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 scope, rings, and Atlas
bipod for it. It's a great combination! I can't wait for my next trip
to the 1000 yard range.

The 6.5 is a great long distance round but it looks like I will have to
fire it about 32 feet above the 1000 yard target compared to about 8
feet for my Barrett .338 Lapua Magnum. It's a lot of fun dialing in to
a target over a half mile away. This scope if far better than the
Leupold on the Barrett so I expect good results.

There are ranges of one mile or better out west so I plan to take them
both there very soon.

Nice gun! Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9axtjT_tkg

When'd you grow all that hair?

That's me in 20 years with a new accent.

I have the Gen2 that has a muzzle brake and a modified hand guard that
can accommodate a scope with a 56mm objective lens.

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 21:31:17 -0500, Alex wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Here's a question came up in a phone conversation yesterday. Other than a few hundredths of a
millimeter, what's the advantage of the 6.5 Creedmore over the .243 Winchester?

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

This is more like a .260 Rem. Bigger bullet.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

It maintains a higher velocity at a longer range with significantly less
drift.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

You can get bullets that are heavier, and lighter, than the .260 and
some that are nearly the same. The 6.5 is available in weights from 120
to 143gr.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Yo Tim...
there we go.