Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default #53

I finally received my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I already
have purchased the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 scope, rings, and Atlas
bipod for it. It's a great combination! I can't wait for my next trip
to the 1000 yard range.

The 6.5 is a great long distance round but it looks like I will have to
fire it about 32 feet above the 1000 yard target compared to about 8
feet for my Barrett .338 Lapua Magnum. It's a lot of fun dialing in to
a target over a half mile away. This scope if far better than the
Leupold on the Barrett so I expect good results.

There are ranges of one mile or better out west so I plan to take them
both there very soon.