Default Joke for the morning.

A Russian arrives in New York City as a new immigrant to the United
States.
He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says,
"Thank you Mr. American for letting me come into this country, giving
me housing, food stamps, free medical care, and a free education!"
The passerby says, "You are mistaken, I am a Mexican."
The man goes on and encounters another passerby. "Thank you for
having such a beautiful country here in America."
The person says, "I not American, I Vietnamese."
The new arrival walks farther, and the next person he sees he
stops,shakes his hand, and says,"Thank you for wonderful America!
That person puts up his hand and says,
"I am from Middle East.I am not American."
He finally sees a nice lady and asks,"Are you an American?"
She says, "No, I am from Africa."
Puzzled, he asks her,"Where are all the Americans?"
The African lady checks her watch and says,*
"Probably at work."

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 06:05:12 -0800 (PST), Tom Nofinger
wrote:

[...]

===

You obviously don't know too many Mexicans. Here in south Florida
they are some of the hardest working people you'd ever want to meet.

wrote:

[...]

Absolutely. I will hire a latino in a heartbeat and pay them more than
they ask for. It is still a bargain. I do get accused of having "union
mexicans" tho by the other builders. It is worth it because they will
get over here as soon as I call and get whatever I have to do, done.

[...]

Agree. 99% of the day labor you see at Home Depot, etc. is Latino.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 18:57:14 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

The only Mexicans we see at home depot are there buying materials for
a job they are working on.

wrote:

[...]

We see those also. But our city allows the day labor to congregate there.
And no riots have ensued.

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 23:13:10 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Agree. 99% of the day labor you see at Home Depot, etc. is Latino.

The only Mexicans we see at home depot are there buying materials for
a job they are working on.

We see those also. But our city allows the day labor to congregate there.
And no riots have ensued.

It is just something we do not see here. I am not sure where people
get their day labor but it is not from people hanging out at the BORG.
We just know guys we can call but I think for most folks, they grab
the hefe from their landscape crew and he hooks them up. I know that
is how my neighbors do it.
Once you get a phone number or two and a good reputation with those
guys, if they can't help you, they have a cousin or neighbor who can.
That goes from simple grunt labor to masons, roofers and drywall guys.
The plasterer we got to stucco the inside walls of the new room made
it look like skim coated drywall.

wrote:

[...]

May have told this before,
I have a friend that has an ICE plant, bagging, delivery business, he
also does marine construction. He had T shirts made that say ICE down
the front. He stopped at a job site of a one of his contractor friends.
10 people ran out the back and jumped over the fence.
His contractor friend was not very happy and suggested he never come
to his job site wearing that T shirt again.
Mikek

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 9:05:13 AM UTC-5, Tom Nofinger wrote:
[...]

The line should have read, "You are mistaken, I am a Mexican on the way to my second job."

But, after all, it was a joke.

I had a Mexican over yesterday to do some yard work. His helper failed to show. So he and I spread about 12 cubic yards of mulch. He busted my ass, but gave me $100 for helping, which meant I owed him only $250. Did a great job. Will definitely have Carlos back again.

A joke Loogypicker[_2_] General 1 December 2nd 09 03:54 PM
Joke Eisboch General 27 December 10th 07 10:40 PM
No joke... Short Wave Sportfishing General 5 August 16th 07 04:33 PM
Joke Molesworth Cruising 0 August 6th 07 05:11 PM
Joke of The Day... Short Wave Sportfishing General 34 March 16th 07 12:04 PM