Default Everyday cap

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 22:44:57 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 15:31:27 -0500,
wrote:

They need a backup network connection. Probably the most economic
would be something like one of Verizon's "hot spot" devices. That's
what I use on the boat to set up a Local Area Network. It creates a
very crisp 4G connection for a flat rate of $50/month.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/jetpack-mifi-6620l/

I suggested they just get a DSL modem but these folks are pretty
computer dumb. They contract out most of the actual IT design.
It is still a single point failure when you are depending on a remote
server.

===

That would work also. We use Century Link PRISM service which
combines, TV, phone and internet on a fiber optic back bone. It works
well and is more reliable than cable. Their LAN could be designed so
it is connected to both at the same time with automatic fail over, or
so that it could be easily switched from one provider to the other by
plugging into the other box.

You can just plug both into the LAN and your PCs will pick the best
path for each packet. I was sharing internet connections with my
Comcast neighbor until he died. His machine would get out on my DSL
when Comcast was down. I got his extra speed when it was up.
Century Link only gets me 10mb here but it is solid as a rock. Comcast
is real fast when it works but it is down a lot.

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 22:36:09 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 14:45:58 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Wayne, try this link, please:

https://goo.gl/photos/M1AL9bNk2KSxGSiM9

===

That works.

Now if I can just remember how I did that.