Default Penzey's CEO email

Below is a followup email sent out by the CEO of Penzey's spices. I *was* a buyer of their spices,
but have now decided that Costco pepper is just as good, which is what I told .

Quote:
Racism Update: At Penzeys we believe it's not the use of tools that set us on a different path from
the rest of the animal world; what has set humanity in motion is cooking. In our nearly a million
years gathered together around the fire, cooking shaped our bodies and transformed our minds.
Cooking unlocked our potential and gave birth to reason, to religion, and to politics and
government. The kindness of tens of thousands of generations of cooks created our humanity, but
racism, sexism, and homophobia can all very quickly unravel all the goodness cooking puts out into
the world. As the voice of cooks, we will never sit idly by while that happens.
You may have read Tuesday Night's email. In it I said: "The open embrace of racism by the
Republican Party in this election is now unleashing a wave of ugliness unseen in this country for
decades. The American people are taking notice. Let's commit to giving the people a better choice.
Our kindness really is our strength."
Since I ask you to read my emails, I feel it's only right that I read each of your replies. In
sifting through those replies it was clear that, though not intended, a good number of people seemed
to sincerely believe that in my statement I was calling all Republicans racists. In the emails of
those Republicans who voted for someone other than the party's nominee, I sensed genuine pain at
having the strength of character to not go along with what was happening, but nonetheless be grouped
in with those who were. I apologize for writing something that caused you pain; that is not the
person I want to be. You are your party's future, and you deserve my admiration and respect, and
your country's as well.
***For the rest of you, you just voted for an openly racist candidate for the presidency of the
United States of America.*** [emphasis added] In your defense, most of you did so without thinking
of the consequences of your candidate's racism, because for most of you the heartbreaking
destruction racism causes has never been anything you or your loved ones have had to experience. But
the thing is elections have their consequences. This is no longer sixty years ago. Whether any of us
like it or not, for the next four years the 80% of this country who did not just vote for an openly
racist candidate are going to treat you like you are the kind of person who would vote for an openly
racist candidate.
You can get angry at everyone else for treating you like you just did the thing you just did, or you
can take responsibility for your actions and begin to make amends. If you are lucky and younger
family members are still coming over for Thanksgiving, before it's too late, take a moment and
honestly think about how your actions must look through their eyes. Simply saying "I never thought
he'd win" might be enough. But if you have the means, leaving a receipt from a sizable donation to
the ACLU or the SPLC accidentally laying around where you carve the turkey, might go over even
better.
Or, just do what you do best and volunteer. Through our customers' support, we've given away a lot
of our Penzeys Pepper, the Pepper with heart. More often than not, those we meet cooking and serving
food to feed those in need are Republicans. You really are a good bunch, but you just committed the
biggest act of racism in American history since Wallace stood in the schoolhouse doorway 53 years
ago. Make this right. Take ownership for what you have done and begin the pathway forward.
Thanks for reading,

Bill

Poquito Loco Wrote in message:
[...]

Almost makes you want to start using white pepper from anywhere
but Bill Penzey's spice company. :-)

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Tim Tim is offline

justan
Poquito Loco Wrote in message:
Almost makes you want to start using white pepper from anywhere
but Bill Penzey's spice company. :-)

I've never heard of Penzey. Out here about all you see is McCormicks...
Tim Tim is offline

I just read the whole thing. Talk about Butt-hurt. I thought the guy was going to start bawling or throw a phone at somebody.

He needs a cry room and play-doh...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 07:20:15 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I just read the whole thing. Talk about Butt-hurt. I thought the guy was going to start bawling or throw a phone at somebody.

He needs a cry room and play-doh...

These guys ignore the fact that Trump did twice as well with blacks
and almost 3 times as well with Latinos than Romney or McCain.

new email for Jim Oscar General 0 July 3rd 12 02:42 PM
Just got an Email from YKW Florida Jim General 72 June 2nd 11 12:45 AM
SSB & Email Bobby Electronics 13 February 25th 05 10:16 PM
O.T. Anyone else get an email like this one RGrew176 General 3 October 12th 04 04:03 PM