Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Dear Hollywood Celebrities

(too good not to cut'n'paste!)

Dear Hollywood celebrities, You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of
you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare
the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a
place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. You make your living pretending to be someone else.
Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often
when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ
grinder; you dance. I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far
less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my
computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your
little box until I want you to entertain me again. I don’t care that you don't like Mr.Trump. But I
bet you looked cute saying it. Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for
something blue and shiny. And I'm also supposed to care that you will leave this great country if
Trump becomes president? Ha. Please don't forget to close the door behind you. We'd like to reserve
your seat for someone who loves this country and really wants to be here. Make me laugh, or cry.
Scare me. But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. I might agree with some
of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment.
So, shut your pie hole and dance.