Default good editorial cartoon

On 11/9/2016 5:18 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 17:09:50 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 11/9/2016 4:48 PM, Ryan P. wrote:
On 11/9/2016 3:29 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:00:42 -0600, Califbill
wrote:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/opini...08144b2c5.html

The news made a big issue of how shocked this, and other countries,
were with the results of the
election. To me it says a lot about the mainstream media. The
Washington Post has gotten to be a
joke because of all the anti-Trump crap it spews as 'news'. The poll
results that made the news were
those favorable to Clinton. This country, and Europe especially, were
'shocked' because they'd been
led to believe that Trump was so bad that he didn't stand a chance.

I have a hard time empathizing with the mainstream media. Like you
said, many of them were so in the tank for Hillary that as part of their
"keep Trump out" operation, they probably ignored several warning signs
because they would have meant negative coverage of Hillary.

That being said, I think CNN by far had the best coverage of the
elections last night... While many of the reporters and anchors looked
like they just had their favorite dog kidnapped, they did the best job
of digging into the breakdowns of why each state fell the way it did.

FOX spent too much time on talking heads, and not enough on the
breakdowns.

I mostly watched MSNBC because it was entertaining to see Rachael Maddow
wither and groan whenever a projection was made for Trump.
I thought she was going to completely lose it when Florida went to him.
Then, she started blaming it all on racism.

To his credit, Chris Matthews thoughtfully realized what was happening
and why.

I watched none of it, but what was Matthews take?

He realized that Trump had tuned in on what Nixon called the "silent
majority" and the forgotten "Reagan Democrats". These are the voters
who people like Harry doesn't know exist because they live in "fly-over"
states or in areas that are remote
from the larger, usually liberal cities.

wrote:

[...]

Look at #6 in the attached article sent to me by my daughter. Good read. Guy makes a lot of sense.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/

[...]

Maddow is out of a job. What is she going to **** and moan about for
the next four years?
Tim Tim is offline

4:19 PMCalifbill
I voted for Gary, absentee voter, as you knew California would go Hillary.
And we replaced Sen. Boxer with another dud. Our former AG, who would only
defend a state case if it met her personal feelings. Otherwise, toss in
the towel.

You mean Barb got evicted ?

Tim wrote:
4:19 PMCalifbill
I voted for Gary, absentee voter, as you knew California would go Hillary.
And we replaced Sen. Boxer with another dud. Our former AG, who would only
defend a state case if it met her personal feelings. Otherwise, toss in
the towel.

You mean Barb got evicted ?

She finally retired. Now the Senate has to find another to be the front
for stupidity.

Supports what you just said:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/

===

Great article, thanks for posting. I grew up in a small town and can
relate to a lot of that even after escaping many years ago.
Tim Tim is offline

On Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 6:36:21 PM UTC-6, Califbill wrote:
Tim wrote:
4:19 PMCalifbill
I voted for Gary, absentee voter, as you knew California would go Hillary.
And we replaced Sen. Boxer with another dud. Our former AG, who would only
defend a state case if it met her personal feelings. Otherwise, toss in
the towel.

You mean Barb got evicted ?

She finally retired. Now the Senate has to find another to be the front
for stupidity.

So now no generals will be forced to call her 'senator' anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0CprVYsG0k

Supports what you just said:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/

===

Great article, thanks for posting. I grew up in a small town and can
relate to a lot of that even after escaping many years ago.

Mine was Faribault, MN. Pretty small, especially back in the 50's.

Sj maritime scans posted to a.b.p.misc - and a modest editorial [email protected] Tall Ship Photos 17 February 23rd 08 01:56 PM
WSJ editorial on Fisheries Management Chuck Gould General 7 November 17th 06 03:18 PM
OT Cartoon basskisser General 0 October 5th 06 02:36 PM
A really tough editorial on Bush... John Gaquin General 1 October 6th 04 04:45 AM
Canoeist editorial Allan Bennett UK Paddle 1 March 29th 04 12:44 AM