Default Remember 9/11

I was in Syracuse, NY. We were in a RF shielded staging room at Lockheed-Martin, and when we came out to head to lunch, everyone was huddled around the various TV's watching the coverage of the Twin Towers coming down. We stood there in shock for a few minutes, and then my cell rang. It was my best friend's wife checking on me... she knew I was in NY, but not exactly where. Had been trying me for a while, but there was no reception in that staging room.

I was set to leave the next day, so when I got back to my hotel I called Hertz. They said I could do a one-way return back to Columbia, SC with no extra charge. The drive back was surreal. Light traffic, and saw several of those programmable road signs with the American flag and "God Bless America" on them. The rental car return lot was filled with license plates from all over the eastern US.

God bless the 2,996 that died that say, and the ones that continue to be sick and die from illnesses cause by their presence on that day.

Its Me wrote:
[...]

I was on a 3/4 day tuna fishing trip out of San Diego. We saw it on the
onboard TV. We did catch tuna as they closed the ports in San Diego until
6pm that evening. I was out of Seaforth, and all the P.t Loma boats had to
return to Seaforth as San Diego Bay remained closed.