Default Taco truck?

The Sunday shows had the original comment and a lot of comments but I
am still not sure I get it. What were they trying to say?
If you don't want a taco truck going down your street, vote for the
democrats. They are the ones who would regulate that guy off the
street.
You can bet your ass code enforcement would run any kind of food truck
off the street Hillary lives on in Chappaqua.
OTOH I bet there is a 3d worlder running a hot dog stand in front of
Trump tower.
Gary would make it easier for a Mexican immigrant to set up a taco
truck.

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 10:49:59 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 9/5/16 1:40 AM, wrote:
The Sunday shows had the original comment and a lot of comments but I
am still not sure I get it. What were they trying to say?
If you don't want a taco truck going down your street, vote for the
democrats. They are the ones who would regulate that guy off the
street.
You can bet your ass code enforcement would run any kind of food truck
off the street Hillary lives on in Chappaqua.
OTOH I bet there is a 3d worlder running a hot dog stand in front of
Trump tower.
Gary would make it easier for a Mexican immigrant to set up a taco
truck.

No, you don't get it, The latino Trump supporter was claiming that his
Mexican culture was dominant and that it would take over up here and as
a result, we would have a taco truck on every corner. The taco truck
reference was not literal but figurative. We snarky dems saw his claim
as something at which to giggle, though for the foodies among us, more
taco trucks might be something we'd like. I don't believe the
Libertarian concept of more unlicensed food vendors is part of it.

You still don't get it. The libertarian view is not that these things
are totally unregulated, just that the regulation is not so oppressive
as to shut out competition.

As for the "Taco Truck" reference, it is just silly. The illegal is
already there, cutting the grass.

wrote:
[...]

Oh, your assumption is that if Mexicans are working here, they are
illegals. Right, I get it. I'll be sure to share that with the Mexican
landscaper whose services I use several times a year, along with his
sons and sons-in-law, all legal, and with my Mexican friends who own and
operate a chain of Mexican restaurants, where all the owners and
employees are legal.

As for the "libertarian view," get back to me when the libertarians win
some federal elections. Until that happens and in significant numbers,
the libertarian view has no more clout than the Rosicrucian view.

On 9/5/16 1:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

BTW
"Taco" is far from my favorite Mexican food. I don't really like them
much. A real quesadilla or a good burrito is OK but good enchiladas
are my favorite. We used to have a real Mexican restaurant in Ft Myers
that was great but the owners got too old to run it and they closed.
Now we are left with American restaurants with a Mexican flair. (what
most people call "Mexican")

On 9/5/16 1:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

We have lots of taco trucks around here. Both Latinos and non Latinos
frequent them, also lots of great Mexican restaurants. We also have lots
of illegals and anchor babies in California. Biggest percentage of births
in San Diego are illegal moms who cross the border to have a baby in the
USA. Who pays for those births? Not the Federal Government, who should be
controlling immigration. The answer to illegals is easy. Issue work
permits. Worked from 1942 to 1964 or so. The reason we have so many
illegal workers here, is they work. Why work when as a welfare collector,
you get medical, and the equivalent of about $39,000 a year income, plus
you have time to work under the table. We do not question the status of
most workers who cut lawns, etc. my Mexican mow and blow guys, show up
each Saturday and do a great job. The white guy I had at one time for some
yard cleaning may or may not show up. Mexican tacos are good. Not like
those from Taco Bell. Personally I like Chile Verde, or enchiladas with
Verde sauce.

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:08:43 -0400, wrote:

We used to have a real Mexican restaurant in Ft Myers
that was great but the owners got too old to run it and they closed.

===

Which restaurant was that?

wrote:
[...]

Tacos aren't my favorite, either.

On 9/5/16 1:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

The last article I saw on welfare payments in California indicated the
max payment for a family of four was about $800, or about $10,000 a
year. I appreciate there are other benefits, but I don't see how you get
from there to $39,000.

I am, however, glad you can differentiate between good Mexican food and
Taco Bell.

On 9/5/16 1:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

Easy. Section 8 housing. Pay 25% of your $800=$200 for housing. $1600
month house adds $1400 to the amount. $$300-600 food stamps. No medical
costs = lots of $$. No income tax. This is what the newspaper
calculations figure as an equivalent amount to working. I worked with
Mexican Braceros in a lumber mill when I was in High school. So do have an
understanding of the culture, and work ethics. 2nd generation, not so much
work ethic. Same as my Cambodian friends. Kids are not inclined to work
as hard as the parents. And as a kid, I went to a lot of Mexican
restaurants. My dad gave space to a guy who made an automatic tortilla
roller and cooker. He bought machine work from dad, and I was about 9-10,
and would go with him to deliver the equipment. 10 year olds always got
treats at a Mexican eatery.

Taco Bell's Lie Spiro Weville General 15 February 24th 11 01:33 AM
Finally - a truck boat...or boat truck...or something... Tom Francis - SWSports General 0 October 17th 09 05:55 PM
What truck? Frogwatch General 79 September 13th 07 07:06 AM
Got a new truck! JR_FXLR General 17 May 28th 05 01:06 PM