Tim Tim is offline

Default motocycle observation.

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:46:02 AM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/21/16 12:32 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 07:12:01 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 8/20/16 8:48 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 19:56:43 -0400, Keyser Söze

What did it say? Smoke dope, drop acid and get murdered?
Real inspirational.
It is amusing that as soon as I said I didn't really care for the
movie that much, you flip flopped and became a raving fan.

Did I ever tell you how much I admire Hillary Clinton ;-)

It isn't one of my favorite movies, but I appreciate what it had to say
about our culture at the time.

Again, what exactly did it say? Smuggle cocaine, make enough money to
smoke dope, drop acid and ride around ****ing up until you give the
finger to the wrong redneck and get shot.
It certainly did not relate much to the America I knew in 1969 and I
doubt it did for you either. You only believe it was inspirational
because arty people said it was. The fact that you had to go to a wiki
page for the review seems to back that up.

Next time I am bored I will watch it again to see if there was some
hidden message I missed or really give a **** about.
I am really more curious if they did mix pan heads and knuckle heads
though. The best I can find is they used a 52 and a 54 Harley (pan
heads) for Captain America and one of them was totaled during the
shooting of the movie.
That is more interesting than whether they were dropping the green
acid or the brown acid at Marti Gras.

I quoted from the Wiki page because it was fast, easy, and simple. This
is rec.boats, after all.

"Arty people." Love it.

I think most of the "message" comes from the song lyrics in the sound
track. In that regard, Roger McGuinn, Bob Dylan, Carole King and Mars
Bonfire should have relieved screen writer credits. They wrote most of
the definitive thoughts. When you watch the movie, the most compelling
scenes are helicopter and dolly shots of them riding through the
countryside or walking around, with a catchy tune playing. Hence my
statement that it is largely a music video.

You just don't understand the movie.

Roger Ebert said this about it, among other things:

Its strong point is the role of the self-proclaimed rebel in a
conformist society. It's not just bike freaks who get in trouble when
they challenge the establishment -- it's everybody, even Old George
(Jack Nicholson character).

And yet, "Easy Rider" suggests, it's not as simple as that. We almost
forget that the Fonda and Hopper characters have also sold out. Victims
can sell out just as well as their persecutors. They sold out because
what they were trying to be was the mirror image of the rednecks in the
truck, and neither life-style is healthy. And so there they were, their
gas tanks stuffed full of bribes from the establishment, and you
remember hearing somewhere that, in the South, "easy rider" is slang for
a prostitute's lover.

I suspect there are hundreds of classic and near-classic films you don't
get, and that would include most of the "foreign films" of the 50's and
60's. You seem to suffer from ennui about many things ethereal and
artistic. Opera, after all, is nothing more than silly plots and
costumes with singing, right?

Well then, I guess it really wasn't "It's a fictional "guy movie" of a road trip that ends badly. " after all

On 8/21/16 12:32 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 07:12:01 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 8/20/16 8:48 PM,
wrote:
[...]

LOL!

On 8/21/16 12:32 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 07:12:01 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 8/20/16 8:48 PM,
wrote:
[...]

That is simply the story line

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 07:46:38 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

It's a good thing that Harry could rely on Roger Ebert to explain the
movie to him. :-)

Ebert was the last person I would listen to anyway. There are web
sites dedicated to pointing out great movies he panned and horrible
movies he pimped.
My guess is there was some money changing hands.

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:18:47 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Well then, I guess it really wasn't "It's a fictional "guy movie" of a
road trip that ends badly. " after all

That is simply the story line

Without the music, that is pretty much the whole story.

Tim Tim is offline

3:29 PMKeyser Soze
You're a funny guy, to be sure. And without the music, the Umbrellas of
Cherbourg would just be about an umbrella shop.
Easy Rider, btw, is on AFI's list of the top 100 American movies of all
time, along with what, 99 others you didn't "get"?
Pretty good recommendation for just a "guy movie"

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 8/20/16 8:48 PM, wrote:
[...]

Don't you wtsh that paying your bills was that fast, easy, and simple?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

interesting observation... JustWaitAFrekinMinute General 59 February 10th 13 03:40 PM
An observation .... Eisboch[_8_] General 2 April 13th 11 01:43 PM
Boats - An Observation Jim General 1 February 18th 10 01:02 AM
General observation... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 4 July 7th 08 03:59 AM
( OT ) Observation Jim, General 20 March 3rd 05 03:49 PM