Default Bureaucracy run amok (boat related)

As some of you may remember I have been maintaining the nav aids in
the Estero bay on the channel to the Estero River. Related to another
local event I have been dealing with the gated community that is the
maintainers of record. They want to replace missing markers and clear
up the discrepancies in a Coast Guard complaint. It turns out I fixed
one of them over 2 years ago so that is a done deal. We are really
down to one that is missing. It is missing because it was in the wrong
spot and causing more trouble than it solved. (Vigilante activism)I
have gotten the USCG 7th district Miami to agree we should install the
new one in another spot and we have agreed on a place. DEP is OK with
whatever we want to do. Then comes the US Corps of engineers. I can't
even get them to return a call or respond to an enquiry on their web
site. (over a week) My first question is why in the hell is the army
involved at all?
#2 Why are they simply ignoring any attempt to get them to do their
job?
Now tell me the government is not out of control.
My thought is to just install the damned thing, get the CG and NOAA to
update the charts on the next go around and get on with our life. By
the time the Army figures out something is different we will all be
dead anyway. Until they solve the perceived lake O problems I doubt
anyone from the corps would show their face here.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:18:39 -0400, wrote:

[...]

===

I could tell you some amazing stories about the incompetence and
indifference of the Corps of Engineers. They are the epitome of
federal bureaucracy run amok. An organization that I belong to has
spent several years, spent many thousands on high priced consultants
to prepare elaborate plans, and made numerous calls to congress
people, just to get approval for a build out on a site many miles from
the nearest water. They, the EPA, and USFWC should all have their
budgets slashed by 50% and force them to focus on what's truly
important.

On 7/29/16 5:19 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Gosh, they're interfering with *your* fun? How awful.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:26:49 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 7/29/16 5:19 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Just like the IRS interferes with your "fun", with the exception that
my organization has done everything possible to play it by the book
with all the "I"s dotted and "T"s crossed.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:19:25 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

[...]

.... and Harry says I only take on little "hobby" projects ;-)

I also have a fight going on with City Hall about developing the
preserve. I have a pretty good rabble roused, 3 big gated communities
and several smaller organizations.
I stay busy

wrote:

On 7/29/16 5:19 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

In my case they are interfering with aids to navigation. Make that
sound like a government looking out for it's citizens

wrote:

[...]

Whatever it is, I am sure that you alone can fix it.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 20:04:05 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

... and Harry says I only take on little "hobby" projects ;-)

I also have a fight going on with City Hall about developing the
preserve. I have a pretty good rabble roused, 3 big gated communities
and several smaller organizations.
I stay busy

Whatever it is, I am sure that you alone can fix it.

===

Harry, you could be an activist organizer also if only they'd let you
take that ankle bracelet off.

wrote:

[...]

Thank you for your confidence in me ;-)
Unfortunately I understand politicians only understand money and votes
so I am soliciting the help of lots of rich people.

wrote:

... and Harry says I only take on little "hobby" projects ;-)

I also have a fight going on with City Hall about developing the
preserve. I have a pretty good rabble roused, 3 big gated communities
and several smaller organizations.
I stay busy

Whatever it is, I am sure that you alone can fix it.

===

Harry, you could be an activist organizer also if only they'd let you
take that ankle bracelet off.

Maybe Harry could have been when he was younger and had all of his
marbles. Today he's just a grouchy old man who gets picked on
because of his crazy ideas and mindset. There's one like him in
every crowd. What ever would we do without the entertainment he
provides us?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

boat related mmc General 4 August 10th 10 05:47 AM
Boat related RLM General 6 December 31st 09 08:43 PM
warning - boat related mmc General 19 June 11th 09 04:05 PM
FA More Boat Related Items jamesgangnc General 0 April 26th 07 03:24 AM