A F

Default 4.3lx/v6 Webber Carb rebuild kit?

I have a 94 - 4.3LX/V6 with a Webber Carb ( I believe) # 9600S-1163 in my
Stingray.
I think I need to rebuild it,.When I stop cranking the engine I can hear
(and see) gas continuing to flow into the carb throttle body. I think this
might have something to do with the float (probably stuck down) but I'm not
a mechanic.

Is this a marine rebuild kit I need or a Webber? Does anyone know where I
can purchase the correct item.

Is this the same carb they put in the S10 pick up? (I've been told that too)

Thanks for your help

Andrew

A F

Thanks WaIIy

I called Nappa with your info and they had the rebuild kit in stock )

Took me 2 hours to tear it down clean it out and build it back up. Dropped
it back on the intake hooked it up and spun the engine over just to get the
fuel pulled back in, and IT STARTED!! Before this, it took some coaxing to
start it. Now - just turn the key. Guess it really needed it. I have only
owned the boat for a month or so.

I have ordered one of those "Quick Change Oil Pumps" as I think there is gas
in the oil with the problem it had. I'm now looking for the oil and filter
types for the engine.

Thanks again

Andrew

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:19:14 -0400, "A F"
wrote:

I have a 94 - 4.3LX/V6 with a Webber Carb ( I believe) # 9600S-1163 in

my
Stingray.
I think I need to rebuild it,.When I stop cranking the engine I can hear
(and see) gas continuing to flow into the carb throttle body. I think

this
might have something to do with the float (probably stuck down) but I'm

not
a mechanic.

Is this a marine rebuild kit I need or a Webber? Does anyone know where I
can purchase the correct item.

Is this the same carb they put in the S10 pick up? (I've been told that

too)

Thanks for your help

Andrew

From an old post........

: I think I need to rebuild my carb. It is a carter afb made by weber
for the mercruiser 4.3lx 4bbl. My question is, is the automotive kit the
same as the marine kit? I mean besides the 100 bucks or so. None of the
auto parts stores around here can find a cross from the 9600s part on
the carb to an auto kit.

Same Exact Parts.......
Federal Mogul/ Carter Rebuild kit # 902-317A
Federal Mogul/ Carter Street/Strip Tuning Kit # 10-201....

Much better selection of parts, At much better prices......

A F

94 Stingray Bowrider 19'

We just moved to florida and only got through one tourist season going to
the beach before I threw in the towel and got a boat. No Parking, crowds or
traffic.

Do you know the oil and filter your twins took?

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:39:13 -0500, "A F"
wrote:

Thanks WaIIy

I called Nappa with your info and they had the rebuild kit in stock )

Took me 2 hours to tear it down clean it out and build it back up.

Dropped
it back on the intake hooked it up and spun the engine over just to get

the
fuel pulled back in, and IT STARTED!! Before this, it took some coaxing

start it. Now - just turn the key. Guess it really needed it. I have only
owned the boat for a month or so.

I have ordered one of those "Quick Change Oil Pumps" as I think there is

gas
in the oil with the problem it had. I'm now looking for the oil and

filter
types for the engine.

Thanks again

Andrew

I had an 89 Searay with a 4.3 and a 1994 with twin 4.3 LX's and the
engines ran perfectly. They were heck to start when cold, but fine the
rest of the day once they started the first time.

Maybe I should have tried what you did. Glad it worked out for you.

What boat do you have?

Carb rebuilt kit online? Jason General 3 September 21st 03 08:09 PM
5.7L Mercruiser Carb change? matthew siroky General 2 September 3rd 03 12:41 PM
Carb Help Darrin General 1 August 4th 03 05:36 AM
Convert from carb to EFI? Steve General 1 July 11th 03 04:15 AM
Idle Mixture on OMC inboard w/ Rochester 2bbl carb noah General 0 July 10th 03 01:32 AM