Default Do the math!

THE U.S. TAX SYSTEM EXPLAINED IN BEER:

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100.00
Typically, you would split the bill equally between the 10 beneficiaries, ie $10.00 Each
BUT , if they paid their beer bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this...

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing. $0.00

The fifth would pay $1.00

The sixth would pay $3.00

The seventh would pay $7.00

The eighth would pay $12.00

The ninth would pay $18.00

The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.00 or 59% of the total bill!!

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one
day, the bar's owner threw them a curve ball.

"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily
beer by $20.00"

Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.00, or typically $8.00 Each

BUT , the group still wanted to pay their beer bill the way we pay our taxes.

So, the first four men were unaffected .

They would still drink for free .

But what about the other six men?

How could they divide the $20.00 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realized that $20.00 (the new 20% discount) divided by six equals: $3.33

But if they subtracted that amount from every bodies share, then the fifth and sixth man would
each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by a higher
percentage based on how poor he was.
This idea follows the principles of the U.S. Progressive Tax Code, which they had been using,
and he proceeded to work out the amounts that each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four,

now paid nothing $0.00

The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).

The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).

The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).

The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).

The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before.
And...

The first four continued to drink for free. Everyone benefits!!

But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings. "I only got $1.00 out of
the $20.00 saving," declared the sixth man.

He pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10.00!"

"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man.
"I only saved $1.00 too. It's unfair that he received ten times more benefit than me!"

"That's true!" shouted the seventh man.

"Why should he get $10.00 back, when I got only $2.00 back?"

The wealthy get all the breaks!

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison, "we didn't get anything at all (except free
beer). This new tax system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth man and beat the crap out of him.

The next night, the tenth man didn't show up for drinks , so the nine sat down and had
their beers without him.

But when it came time to pay the bill, They discovered something important.

They didn't have enough money between all of them to even pay half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government bureaucrats, is how our tax system works.
The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax
reduction.

Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore.

In fact, they might start drinking overseas , where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D. Professor of Economics.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible .
It's time that everyone pays their fair share (or at least something) ...its time for a
Fair Tax System in the U.S.!!
Now that would be "hope & change"!!!!

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:24:27 -0400, Keine Keyserscheiße
wrote:

THE U.S. TAX SYSTEM EXPLAINED IN BEER:

If they were the US they would be running a tab if they came up short
and continue drinking without any plan to pay it off.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:50:07 -0400 (EDT), fire man wrote:

Keine Keyserscheiße Wrote in message:
[...]

Could you put it in terms Harry would understand? What he has
trouble understanding that 10% reduction on a 0 dollar tax bill
equals 0 dollars. A 10% rebate on a 0 dollar tax bill is 0
dollars. A 10% reduction of his military time served still equals
nothing. Reducing his bankruptcies by 50% equals one. Math isn't
a liberals strong suit. Another word liberals play fast and loose
with is free. And when challenged on a liberal talking point, the
word racist seems to be their only rebuttal.
Hope this helps:-)

Just listen here. I'm already at the kindergarten level. Just how much lower can I go?

Harry: Zero times any number is zero. Like this: 0 x N = 0. Or, none of something equals nothing.

Amen. That's the best I can do at my grade level.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, juvenile name-callers, and narcissists...not guns!

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:36:55 -0400, Keine Keyserscheiße
wrote:

[...]

The problem in the US is "zero" ends up being $25,000-30,000 a year of
the taxpayer's money. That is why it is so hard for someone to
transition into gainful employment. They are taking a pay cut and
having to work for it.

Johnny blathers...

"Just listen here. I'm already at the kindergarten level. Just how much lower can I go?

Harry: Zero times any number is zero. Like this: 0 x N = 0. Or, none of something equals nothing.

Amen. That's the best I can do at my grade level."

Congratulations, you took my advice and listened to Dr Phil.
After all, "you can't change what you don't acknowledge"

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:26:34 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Johnny blathers...

"Just listen here. I'm already at the kindergarten level. Just how much lower can I go?

Harry: Zero times any number is zero. Like this: 0 x N = 0. Or, none of something equals nothing.

Amen. That's the best I can do at my grade level."

Congratulations, you took my advice and listened to Dr Phil.
After all, "you can't change what you don't acknowledge"

Twice?

What got acknowledged? My 'kindergarten' level? Luddite said it, so it must be so. I've a long way
to go to get to Krause's level of intellectualism with my posts.

No I don't listen to him. I asked you which or your personal problems he helped you with. You didn't
answer - either embarrassment or fear. Not sure why.

I do hope you understood the math.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, juvenile name-callers, and narcissists...not guns!

On 4/14/16 4:26 PM, True North wrote:

Johnny blathers...

"Just listen here. I'm already at the kindergarten level. Just how much lower can I go?

Harry: Zero times any number is zero. Like this: 0 x N = 0. Or, none of something equals nothing.

Amen. That's the best I can do at my grade level."

Congratulations, you took my advice and listened to Dr Phil.
After all, "you can't change what you don't acknowledge"

I'm skipping over most of Herring's posts...there's just nothing there.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:57:49 -0400 (EDT), fire man wrote:

[...]

Dr phil is an entertainer. He may have a phd of some sort. But he
is not a medical dr.

Tell Don. Don says he's been a great help with personal problems. I've watched maybe a grand total
of 30 minutes of the guy. A waste of time.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, juvenile name-callers, and narcissists...not guns!

Math Predictor John H[_9_] General 16 October 13th 09 04:48 PM
Need Help with the Math JohnH[_5_] General 0 September 14th 09 06:01 PM
Math for Shortwave Calif Bill General 45 February 20th 08 08:03 PM
Do the math Capt.Mooron ASA 3 December 8th 05 10:29 PM
Do the math Scotty ASA 0 December 8th 05 06:08 PM