Default Need Help with the Math

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:44:46 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Gene" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:52:50 -0400, JohnH
wrote:

I know something must be wrong here, so help me figure it out.

I could, but you don't really want to know..... so, I'll hold the
dance lessons and stay out of the mud.....

Let me just say this, when I was in college, one of the best books I
ever read was "How to lie with statistics" and it was an old read,
even then.

Maybe you ought to get a copy and spend some quality time with it.
Given a fair read, it should be enlightening. You won't continue to
confuse yourself with arguable statistics and specious relationships.

Your mathematical musings remind me of Limbaugh doing a mathematical
parody of the numbers provided by the sponsors of the "Million Man
March." I suspect you would "get" the one instance and be stymied by
the other.

In all honesty, I suspect that if the psychological effects of the
money spent overcomes the average US consumer's fears feeding the
"Paradox of Thrift," it will be money well spent.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Clearly John needs help with the
math.

What part of the math is incorrect, Mr. Plum?
--

John H

Clunker Math Lu Powell[_8_] General 120 September 14th 09 07:34 PM
Math for Shortwave Calif Bill General 45 February 20th 08 08:03 PM
Do the math Capt.Mooron ASA 3 December 8th 05 10:29 PM
Do the math Scotty ASA 0 December 8th 05 06:08 PM
Math Problem SkitchNYC ASA 102 March 5th 04 12:43 AM