Default Launch PT-305!

http://pt305.org/home/

Restored and operational. Very nice!

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 10:15:23 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

http://pt305.org/home/

Restored and operational. Very nice!

In the 50s they were virtually giving these things away. They were
being sold at auction and most went for the scrap iron price of the
engines.
When you see what is there in the restoration gallery of pictures you
do get an idea of how hard it is to keep a wood boat alive.
Tim Tim is offline

Oh yes. Hard to come by and super labor intensive.
Tim Tim is offline

I always wanted a fully decked PBR to terrorize the jet ski's on lake Carlyle...

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 12:11:32 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I always wanted a fully decked PBR to terrorize the jet ski's on lake Carlyle...

Occasionally a PBR turns up at a marine auction. They have usually
been "sporterized" but I did see one that was still pretty "navy
looking". I doubt the .50s were real but who knows. You can get a
transferrable M2 for the price of a decent Kia. Same with the M-60s
but I doubt you can have the 40mm launcher.

If I had the money and a little more water in the river, it might be a
fun toy tho. There are guys who run bigger, "draftier" (a PBR will run
in 2-3' of water) boats here so if you watched your days it would be
doable.
I imagine a PBR will go anywhere Wayne's Sea Ray will go and he got up
here.

Failure to Launch Bart ASA 12 August 28th 07 06:19 PM
When will you launch? JimH General 26 March 10th 05 02:56 AM
Tried to launch my boat today, launch ramps CLOSED! Jim General 39 January 9th 04 08:42 PM
How to launch... Rural Knight General 3 August 13th 03 04:25 PM