BoatBanter.com

-   -   This one should piss off the gun ninnies (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/170427-one-should-piss-off-gun-ninnies.html)

[email protected] March 6th 16 06:50 AM

This one should piss off the gun ninnies

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sho...le-black-aces/

Who is getting one?

Its Me March 6th 16 12:41 PM

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 1:50:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sho...le-black-aces/

Who is getting one?

I'd love to play with one at the range for an afternoon, but I wouldn't drop $1300 to own one. There's only a couple of uses for which it's practical. I don't see myself and a group of guys clearing a street or building, and I'm already equipped to defend my home against the "revolution". :)

Besides, as the article points out, if the wrong person saw you with that thing you'd have some 'splaining to do.

Tim March 6th 16 12:54 PM

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 6:41:14 AM UTC-6, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 1:50:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sho...le-black-aces/

Who is getting one?

I'd love to play with one at the range for an afternoon, but I wouldn't drop $1300 to own one. There's only a couple of uses for which it's practical. I don't see myself and a group of guys clearing a street or building, and I'm already equipped to defend my home against the "revolution". :)

Besides, as the article points out, if the wrong person saw you with that thing you'd have some 'splaining to do.

I have shot one of these in the semi-auto format

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s

Mr. Luddite March 6th 16 12:58 PM

On 3/6/2016 7:54 AM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 6:41:14 AM UTC-6, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 1:50:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sho...le-black-aces/

Who is getting one?

I'd love to play with one at the range for an afternoon, but I wouldn't drop $1300 to own one. There's only a couple of uses for which it's practical. I don't see myself and a group of guys clearing a street or building, and I'm already equipped to defend my home against the "revolution". :)

Besides, as the article points out, if the wrong person saw you with that thing you'd have some 'splaining to do.

I have shot one of these in the semi-auto format

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s

Every gun nut should have one of these in their collection:

http://1.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Punt-gun-1.jpg

John H.[_5_] March 6th 16 02:11 PM

On Sun, 06 Mar 2016 01:50:04 -0500, wrote:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sho...le-black-aces/

Who is getting one?

One, hell. I think I'll get one for each grandkid.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, audiophools, and narcissists...not guns!

Tim March 6th 16 06:32 PM

This one should piss off the gun ninnies

6:58 AMMr. Luddite
Every gun nut should have one of these in their collection:

http://1.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Punt-gun-1.jpg

Hmmm

[email protected] March 6th 16 08:22 PM

This one should piss off the gun ninnies

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 07:58:44 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/6/2016 7:54 AM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 6:41:14 AM UTC-6, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 1:50:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sho...le-black-aces/

Who is getting one?

I'd love to play with one at the range for an afternoon, but I wouldn't drop $1300 to own one. There's only a couple of uses for which it's practical. I don't see myself and a group of guys clearing a street or building, and I'm already equipped to defend my home against the "revolution". :)

Besides, as the article points out, if the wrong person saw you with that thing you'd have some 'splaining to do.

I have shot one of these in the semi-auto format

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s

Every gun nut should have one of these in their collection:

http://1.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Punt-gun-1.jpg

The strange thing is you would need an AOW stamp for that unless you
could get a curio and relic exemption. That Black Ace is legal without
one ... so far. I really expect to see a new ruling on all of these
"arm braces" (to be distinguished from a shoulder stock). Sig has one
too.
I can't imagine paying that much for something that useless. If you
want a lot of bang for the buck, get a Saiga and you could actually do
something with it besides repelling zombie attacks.

I am surprised I haven't heard of speed skeet. Get a guy (or gal) with
a Saiga and a few spare mags, line up on a skeet field and see how
fast you can finish a round. Score based on birds hit and time. (First
"pull" to last shot fired)

Mr. Luddite March 6th 16 10:50 PM

wrote:

On 3/6/2016 7:54 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Based on what I read about it the "Punt" gun was basically a big ass
shotgun used for duck hunting. It had a 2 inch bore and was capable of
hitting 50 ducks with one shot. That kind of hunting was banned in the
USA in 1900.

[email protected] March 6th 16 11:05 PM

This one should piss off the gun ninnies

wrote:

On 3/6/2016 7:54 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

===

They were also used in the Everglades to harvest tropical birds like
egrets in order to satisfy the feather market for women's hats.

Its Me March 6th 16 11:46 PM

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 7:54:03 AM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 6:41:14 AM UTC-6, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 1:50:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sho...le-black-aces/

Who is getting one?

I'd love to play with one at the range for an afternoon, but I wouldn't drop $1300 to own one. There's only a couple of uses for which it's practical. I don't see myself and a group of guys clearing a street or building, and I'm already equipped to defend my home against the "revolution". :)

Besides, as the article points out, if the wrong person saw you with that thing you'd have some 'splaining to do.

I have shot one of these in the semi-auto format

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s

Pretty cool. Either one could burn through some ammo pretty fast.