Default Chris Rock

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 15:47:37 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 1/21/16 2:36 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 11:54:33 -0500, John H.
wrote:

I hope he doesn't back out of the Oscars. Hopefully he'll get up there and blast the
process.

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/chr...f-racism-mount

On the other hand, if the entire GLBTZ community deserves recognition, along with
blacks, there isn't much room left for racial diversity.

I heard a few hollywood types say that maybe those movies just sucked.

I never understood what it took to win an oscar anyway since I
couldn't stand most of the movies that win the 4 main prizes.
The general public seems to agree because good number of them tank at
the box office.

And once again, the McDonald's argument from you. Just because
McDonald's sells the most burgers doesn't mean the burgers are the best
or even among the best. Box office success is not necessarily among the
criteria for an Academy Award.

Well, Krause, what *are* the criteria, as you seem to know all about it.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

wrote:

I hope he doesn't back out of the Oscars. Hopefully he'll get up there and blast the
process.

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/chr...f-racism-mount

On the other hand, if the entire GLBTZ community deserves recognition, along with
blacks, there isn't much room left for racial diversity.

I heard a few hollywood types say that maybe those movies just sucked.

I never understood what it took to win an oscar anyway since I
couldn't stand most of the movies that win the 4 main prizes.
The general public seems to agree because good number of them tank at
the box office.

And once again, the McDonald's argument from you. Just because
McDonald's sells the most burgers doesn't mean the burgers are the best
or even among the best. Box office success is not necessarily among the
criteria for an Academy Award.

Box office doesn't even enter into it but that explains the "WTF?"
people have when they hear who won. (I don't watch that crap either)
By a like token, there is no guarantee that black actors and directors
will produce any of the best 5 movies.
My guess is that they are not "arty" enough to impress the academy
members. They won't drive through Compton, nor will they watch a movie
about it.

wrote:

I hope he doesn't back out of the Oscars. Hopefully he'll get up there and blast the
process.

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/chr...f-racism-mount

On the other hand, if the entire GLBTZ community deserves recognition, along with
blacks, there isn't much room left for racial diversity.

I heard a few hollywood types say that maybe those movies just sucked.

I never understood what it took to win an oscar anyway since I
couldn't stand most of the movies that win the 4 main prizes.
The general public seems to agree because good number of them tank at
the box office.

'Concussion' was the best movie I've seen in a long time. Will Smith was spectacular.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Marines rock. Calif Bill General 1 December 14th 08 02:51 AM
SUJI S ROCK YOU [email protected] General 1 February 25th 08 02:45 PM
Rock Hit Don Dando General 0 August 21st 06 05:32 AM
Rock The Boat Bryan General 8 November 11th 05 06:41 PM
Hey Jo, Lets Rock BigMac ASA 0 November 2nd 04 09:49 PM