Default HyperLoop Moves a Little Closer

We now take a much needed break from the ongoing gun battle:

http://www.reuters.com/video/2016/01/07/2016-is-a-breakthrough-year-for-hyperloo?videoId=366947489&videoChannel=118169

This is real life science fiction taking place.

On 1/8/2016 1:00 PM, Califbill wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 02:53:38 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 22:50:20 -0500,

wrote:

We now take a much needed break from the ongoing gun battle:

http://www.reuters.com/video/2016/01/07/2016-is-a-breakthrough-year-for-hyperloo?videoId=366947489&videoChannel=118169

This is real life science fiction taking place.

The only fiction here is the idea that they can come up with the money
to build it, allay health concerns and get all of the environmental
permits.
This is California where there are plenty of people who think power
lines will kill them. This magnetic drive will send them over the
edge.

===

Elon Musk has a proven track record of being able to move a project
that no one thinks is possible. It will be interesting to see how
this one evolves. I consider him to be the Thomas Edison of our time
and would not bet against anything that he's advocating.

Elon musk has 3 operations, and this will make the 4th, all subsidized by
the government. He is like Edison, in most of Edison patents were done by
someone working for him. SpaceX interviews prospective engineers and rips
off the design they are asked to do. Part of the interview process is
signing away anything shown in the interview.

I've was involved in giving deposition in a lawsuit for something like
this although it didn't involve anything disclosed during an interview
for a job. A company can legally claim rights to anything designed or
developed by an employee while they are employed by the company and if
the subject item is part of the company's business area or products.

If an employee developed something *before* they became employed, he
retains the rights to it (if patented) or it becomes a negotiated
issue. "Prior knowledge" or something like that. Usually something
developed that becomes patented lists the individual employee or
employees responsible for it's design as the "inventor" but the rights
to it are assigned to the company.

It was a while ago though and I've forgotten all the details.

In port for a closer listen? Anonymous[_8_] General 2 January 23rd 15 12:18 AM
Kalifornistan edges closer to chaos FishWisher General 9 January 27th 10 11:15 AM
Live charts, we''re getting closer.... Larry Cruising 0 June 3rd 08 04:05 PM
Nirvana is closer D-unit General 1 March 29th 06 09:36 PM
Closer to cruising... [email protected] Cruising 3 October 14th 05 06:08 AM