Default Closer to cruising...

Hi, Y'all,

This is a slightly edited version of something I sent to a group I sing

with:

Please, however, add this note to the newsletter that I am out, lock,
stock
and barrel, with only a few boxes left of my 40+ years' accumulation of
stuff, from my lake home of 10 years.

My new address and phone is up at Lydia's tiny rented cottage in Rabun
Gap,
as I continue rehab and physical therapy on my shoulder, in preparation
for
stepping aboard and cutting the cord.

On that subject, we are tremendously blessed with friends and family
who
moved out the vast bulk of my remainders (there was a 4-page list which
sent to all the kids and family, inviting them to take stuff) in a
matter of
hours on Sunday. The remainders either went to family (my daughter,
single
for all 33 years, has found Mr. Right and was able to take a great deal
of
stuff, and a few others took other minor stuff) or charity, including
hurricane relief work.

I'm left with the chore of wrapping up my chaotic financial records and
making sure the (mostly final) bills are paid timely, what few there
are
left, and studying for things nautical (or that will be important to
the
boat adventure), including navigation (paper and electronic charts,
route
planning, etc.), HAM radio and Morse code test preparation, among
others.
I'll do those in between exercise sets designed to retrain the two
muscles
from my back which were relocated over my shoulder to supplement the
two
inoperative rotator cuff muscles. So far all is very well in that
regard,
and the therapist and surgeon are nearly as pleased as I am :{))
(Lydia, on
the other hand, is dismayed that they're not letting me do strength
exercises yet, as she wanted to leave right about a year ago - and
nearly
certainly we'll not be ready to leave for [another] 3-6 months...)

My new address is
POBox 614
Rabun Gap GA 30568

The new phone is
706-746-4486 - but...

It's, nearly all the time, on line, as I'm in dialup boonies up here,
much
to my disgust and dismay. So, I've migrated my home phone
my Vonage internet phone account. I've also forwarded that number to
my
cell phone, which has become my home phone. So that you don't have to
remember several numbers, I'll leave that (the cell#) out of it.
Therefore,
you should continue to dial 0397 until you get some message suggesting
it
won't work :{))

I'm also changing my email to . The earthlink
one
will still work for a while, but gmail is far friendlier for web
access,
which may be my only way for some time. Actually, for anyone with
access to
the net, I suggest it, and have invitations in the event you'd like to
try
it out.

My immediate project - aside, of course, from getting my newly
relocated
muscles to do something they'd not done before, and then doing the
rehab
enough to be able to reliably lift my arm to place it wherever I want,
overhead - is to find the correct windlass to replace the one taken
out, and
try to relight the fire under the contractor who's done very little
since I
got off the boat for my surgery. We'll be going to the Melbourne Seven
Seas
Cruising Association meeting in a month, taking our dual-system (engine

drive and 110VAC) dual cold plate refrigeration for the flea market.
We'll
go to the boat on the way for the first load of stuff which has to be
dropped off and stowed, and an assessment of what (apparently very)
little
progress has been made in the prior 15 weeks...

Thank you all for your prayers, support, friendship, cameraderie, and
putting up with my ramblings.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a
clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you
are
quite alone on a great, wide sea, it is apt to occur to you that in the
general scheme of things you are merely an insignificant speck on the
surface of the ocean; and are not nearly so important or as
self-sufficient
as you thought you were. Which is an exceedingly wholesome thought,
and one
that may effect a permanent change in your deportment that will be
greatly
appreciated by your friends."- James S. Pitkin

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

~^ beancounter ~^

beautiful ship skip gundi...sounds like
you are settin' up for a real advenure !!...

watching w/interest.......