Default Overreacting government

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 11:08:21 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I would think that as a
card carrying AMA member you would welcome an attempt to control
irresponsible drone flying. The registration requirement is certainly
not a big inconvenience ... it can be done on-line. All it does really
is to raise some awareness in the owner's mind that there are rules and
regulations related to their use. Oh, and it also has some potentially
severe fines for not having it registered.

Here's a link to a FAQ regarding the new regulations. Covers the
subject quite well:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/faqs/

A classic government boondoggle that will end up being very expensive
and not actually accomplish much.
The people who were going to be responsible with them in the first
place will remain responsible (for the most part) but the yahoos will
not.
Enforcement will be about as effective as the CB license was. It was
abandoned after a while ... as was the marine VHF license.

wrote:

[...]

I don't know of any CB users who caused an airplane to crash.
I don't know of any marine VHF radio users who caused an airplane to
crash either.

Drones are a different issue. That potential exists.

wrote:

[...]

I have heard of VHF operators interfering with search and rescue operations

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:25:16 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I don't know of any CB users who caused an airplane to crash.
I don't know of any marine VHF radio users who caused an airplane to
crash either.

===

The abuse of marine VHF radio does cause some serious issues however.
USCG Miami spends an inordinate amount of time sorting out fake
distress calls and sometimes responding to them. Lives have been lost
as a result.

wrote:

[...]

How many drones have crashed a plane?

The FCC would say that a CB with a foot warmer *could* interfere with
the ILS system tho.

On 12/15/2015 1:57 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:25:16 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

And if one did, it would be quickly tracked down and shut down.

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:18:50 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/15/2015 1:57 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:25:16 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

How many truckers were EVER "tracked down and shut down". The FCC
might be able to find a base station near the airport that was causing
trouble but they won't have much luck with a trucker.
Even so, they had a pirate FM station here in Ft Myers that they
looked for for years and it only moved a couple of times. I wouldn't
bet that it was not on the air right now.

Overreacting government John H.[_5_] General 112 December 17th 15 04:25 AM
We're From The Government Un-Yawn Cruising 2 September 12th 09 09:19 PM
Government Fred Bastiat ASA 4 December 2nd 06 05:07 PM
( OT ) I'M FROM THE GOVERNMENT and I'M HERE TO HELP YOU Jim, General 6 March 31st 05 11:48 PM