Default Gun Violence - Washington Post

From the Washington Post. All I can say is, "Wow."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes-heres-why/
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 5:17:00 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
From the Washington Post. All I can say is, "Wow."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes-heres-why/
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

So we have more guns than ever, and gun violence has declined by "nearly 50%"? Wow is right.

On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 15:59:10 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 5:17:00 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
From the Washington Post. All I can say is, "Wow."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes-heres-why/
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

So we have more guns than ever, and gun violence has declined by "nearly 50%"? Wow is right.

===

And from the Washington Post no less, not exactly a bastion of
conservative thought or a stronghold of irresponsible journalism.

Certainly we are seeing a shift in the type of violence however.

wrote:

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 5:17:00 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
From the Washington Post. All I can say is, "Wow."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes-heres-why/
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

So we have more guns than ever, and gun violence has declined by "nearly 50%"? Wow is right.

===

And from the Washington Post no less, not exactly a bastion of
conservative thought or a stronghold of irresponsible journalism.

Certainly we are seeing a shift in the type of violence however.

I think the kind of violence the media sensationalized would not
happen as often if they did not make it so sensational.
Terror only works if we are so easily terrorized.

The simple fact remains, most stranger danger murders are people
nobody cares about, being killed by people nobody cares about and
nobody cares.

That doesn't stop the left from lumping these murders in with the
terrorism when they want to puff up the perceived danger.

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 17:17:07 -0500, John H.
wrote:

From the Washington Post. All I can say is, "Wow."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes-heres-why/

There is so much hype that has come up around these active shooter
events that people think it is a significant cause of death in this
country. The reality is being shot by a stranger is far less likely
than a whole lot of things that we do every day and never even think
about. If you don't wear a PFD every moment you are on the water in
your boat you are in far more danger. I don't see the big push to
regulate that.
To put it in perspective, "active shooters" kill about as many people
as botched abortions in licensed facilities each year. (the mother,
not the baby).

They like to obfuscate this by lumping in gang murders and other
criminal acts but that is not what they actually put on the news.

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 20:21:44 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 17:17:07 -0500, John H.
wrote:

From the Washington Post. All I can say is, "Wow."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes-heres-why/

There is so much hype that has come up around these active shooter
events that people think it is a significant cause of death in this
country. The reality is being shot by a stranger is far less likely
than a whole lot of things that we do every day and never even think
about. If you don't wear a PFD every moment you are on the water in
your boat you are in far more danger. I don't see the big push to
regulate that.
To put it in perspective, "active shooters" kill about as many people
as botched abortions in licensed facilities each year. (the mother,
not the baby).

They like to obfuscate this by lumping in gang murders and other
criminal acts but that is not what they actually put on the news.

You never hear any statistics like this on the news, although they come from the DOJ.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

"Race/Hispanic origin
In 2010, the rate of firearm homicide for blacks was 14.6
per 100,000, compared to 1.9 for whites..."

The rate for Hispanics was about 4 per 100,000.

Of course, comparisons like this are very racist, but facts are facts.

And Krause thinks we should be targetting young, white, Christian males?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Wow, JohnnyMop.
You're beside yourself with your race baiting.

On 12/4/15 5:26 PM, True North wrote:
Wow, JohnnyMop.
You're beside yourself with your race baiting.

He has been for a long time.

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 20:23:51 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 12/4/15 5:26 PM, True North wrote:
Wow, JohnnyMop.
You're beside yourself with your race baiting.

He has been for a long time.

I can understand Don's stupidity, but surely you're intelligent enough to see that
the statistics came from your lovely administration's Department of Justice.

But, maybe not.

Or, maybe Holder, et al, are 'race baiters'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

True North wrote:
Wow, JohnnyMop.
You're beside yourself with your race baiting.

You are an idiot who can't understand facts.