Default Ping Luddite

Dick, your experience with fabricating large scale vacuum systems
might be just what the doctor ordered for these projects:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-race-to-create-elon-musks-hyperloop-heats-up-1448899356?mod=trending_now_5

On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:37:16 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/2/2015 5:01 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 23:24:43 -0500,

wrote:

Dick, your experience with fabricating large scale vacuum systems
might be just what the doctor ordered for these projects:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-race-to-create-elon-musks-hyperloop-heats-up-1448899356?mod=trending_now_5

===

No interest in working out a manufacturing process for 300 miles of
high vacuum train tubes?

Forgot this link with my previous response regarding "LIGO"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO

===

Cool stuff, love reading about these ultra hi tech, big science
projects.

It's amazing to me that 100 years later we are still trying to verify
Einstein's predictions. His theories were so far out in front of the
technology of that era that it's just unbelievable. And he did it all
without setting foot in a physics lab.

With regard to Elon Musk's hyperloop, I thinks there's a good chance
that something useful might come out of it, something that will change
how we think about transportation. There's a lot of big brain power
and big money backing this thing. Best of all the government is not
really involved, at least not yet.

People who get in on the ground floor will do very well if it
succeeds. Personally I think Musk is the Thomas Edison of our
generation.

On 12/2/2015 6:10 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:37:16 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, Musk seems to allow his imagination to rule rather than listen to
all the reasons why something *can't* be done. Edison was the same way.

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.”
-- Thomas Edison

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/2/2015 6:10 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:37:16 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.â€
-- Thomas Edison

Difference was Edison actually made sure the inventions, which were mostly
by employees, worked. Musk, uses poor engineering practices and steals a
lot of his stuff. SpaceX rarely hires, but when you do a job interview,
they ask you to solve a problem. Rights go to SpaceX, the interviewee gets
nothing. How SpaceX has fixed a lot of design errors. Last rocket blew up
as they do not test subcontractor supplied parts as the government wants
them. The support for the fuel pressurization tank broke loose.

Yo Luddite Boating All Out General 36 December 7th 14 07:09 PM
Yo Mr. Luddite! Poquito Loco General 30 July 27th 14 02:01 PM
Mr Luddite Hank General 6 January 26th 14 11:19 PM
Yo Luddite Poco Loco General 2 January 19th 14 01:42 AM
Not so much a Luddite in my old age Frogwatch[_2_] General 12 March 22nd 09 03:02 AM