Default Home, home on...

....the range...

Was up at the 50-yard indoor range with the new CZ 455 American bolt
action .22LR that I bought with the proceeds of the sale of my S&W “AR”
15-22. The S&W was a great little rifle, but I wanted something quieter
to use with my suppressor.

Anyway, without the suppressor and using CCI Mini Mags, I was shooting
1/2” to 1/3” groups at 50 yards with the rifle scoped up and resting on
a shooting bag. I knew these CZ rifles were pretty accurate, but I
wasn’t expecting these results. In the next few weeks, I’ll get out to
the outdoor 100-yard range and see what I can do.

The groups opened up a bit when I twisted on the suppressor and switched
to CCI Standard Velocity (subsonic) rounds. The point of aim was a
little different, and I didn’t shoot enough with the suppressor to see
if I could actually duplicate the earlier results without the suppressor.

I don’t have a sound pressure meter, but with the suppressor attached,
there’s hardly any noise, or so it sounds to me.

Oh, boating related - saw a guy in a pick-me-up truck towing his 25’
Grady somewhere.

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 12:55:48 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

[...]

How much did it cost to thread the barrel?

On 11/4/15 1:08 PM, wrote:
[...]

It came threaded. CZ has at least a couple of .22LR rifles
that come from the factory with threaded barrels. This is the one I got:

http://tinyurl.com/pa77cvd

Here it is on my worktable with the scope attached:

http://tinyurl.com/nacs9rc

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 13:15:11 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 11/4/15 1:08 PM, wrote:
[...]

Cool, I guess it is the European culture where suppressors are not
evil.

wrote:
[...]

There are plenty of 'Merican-made firearms with factory threaded
barrels, including several reasonably priced .22LR rifles from Ruger.
The S&W rifle I sold had the same barrel threads as what came on the CZ.

Most of the 300 Blackout rifles come with threaded barrels, and there is
subsonic ammo readily available, too, to match up with a 300 Blackout
suppressor.

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 12:55:48 -0500, Keyser Sze wrote:

[...]

You should give yourself a pat on the back and toot your tooter. You are undoubtedly
your best hero.

You reckon anyone besides the guy up there believes you?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 11/4/15 3:43 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

The opinions of white racist trash like you and several of your buddies
here are of no concern.

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 15:48:06 -0500, Keyser Sze wrote:

On 11/4/15 3:43 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Another question unanswered.

I've already admitted to being as much a rapist, baby killer, and racist as you are.
What more could you want, liar.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

John H.
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 12:55:48 -0500, Keyser Sze wrote:

You should give yourself a pat on the back and toot your tooter. You are undoubtedly
your best hero.

"You reckon anyone besides the guy up there believes you?"

God believes him?
That would be quite a reference, wouldn't you say JohnnyMop?

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 14:46:43 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 12:55:48 -0500, Keyser Sze wrote:

You should give yourself a pat on the back and toot your tooter. You are undoubtedly
your best hero.

"You reckon anyone besides the guy up there believes you?"

God believes him?
That would be quite a reference, wouldn't you say JohnnyMop?

When I say, 'the guy up there', do you think God comes to Harry's mind? If I meant
God, I'd be saying, 'the Guy up there'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!