Default We can't do nuttin'...

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 07:56:56 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

The Russians and the Chinese together are still spending on their
military only a small amount of what we spend. I'm not advocating that
we eliminate military spending, but I do think we should seriously cut
back on it each year until it is at a level that is no more than half of
what we currently spend.

You haven't spent a shekel of your re$ource$ on the military or social
and infrastucture needs of our country. You have no assets of record.
The bank took your house because you failed to make payments as
promised. You filed bankruptcy twice to get out from under your personal
debts. You lie to us continuously about yourself and others.
I don't think there is a soul here who gives a **** about what you do,
think, or say.

===

Harry's a loser and he'd like nothing more than to create a whole
country full of leeches and losers just like him.

On 10/11/2015 10:19 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
Education is a pursuit on its own...as we have discussed before, I think
there is far more use for education than learning a trade.

Really? What good has your fine education done you?

On 10/11/2015 11:22 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:19:16 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/11/15 10:23 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 08:27:37 -0400, Keyser Söze

g infrastructure.

I will give you half of that. I agree some of the money could be spent
on infrastructure but you would be trading high tech jobs for blue
collar construction jobs.
We wouldn't need as much of that education you are talking about.
You don't need a bachelors degree to run a loader.

Education is a pursuit on its own...as we have discussed before, I think
there is far more use for education than learning a trade.

When you are coming out of a university with a $50,000-100,000 student
debt load, it certainly better be something that gets you a job.
I have no interest in spending tax money to teach things that are just
handy for coffee shop conversations about things that do not return
that investment to the people.

The Russians and the Chinese together are still spending on their
military only a small amount of what we spend. I'm not advocating that
we eliminate military spending, but I do think we should seriously cut
back on it each year until it is at a level that is no more than half of
what we currently spend.

Their philosophy is different. They are willing to spend blood more
than money. The US wants to have a war where no GIs are killed. That
is not cheap.

It's also absurd.

Granted but that is the US philosophy right now. We are spending about
a half a million dollars per combatant we kill, simply because we want
to use robot weapons manned by a guy who is safely ensconced in South
Dakota.

He erased those loans with his bankruptcies. What he has left is
bragging rights to his degrees. Nothing more.

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:42:16 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/11/2015 12:22 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:19:16 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/11/15 10:23 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 08:27:37 -0400, Keyser Söze
g infrastructure.

I will give you half of that. I agree some of the money could be spent
on infrastructure but you would be trading high tech jobs for blue
collar construction jobs.
We wouldn't need as much of that education you are talking about.
You don't need a bachelors degree to run a loader.

Education is a pursuit on its own...as we have discussed before, I think
there is far more use for education than learning a trade.

Education isn't a singular pursuit. Foremost is the need for an
education, professional or vocational, in order to be self sufficient,
earn a living, provide for a family, be a contributing member of society
and not be dependent on everyone else for survival. The need for this
level of education is drilled into every kid's head at a young age.

Then there's education for pleasure and intellectual curiosity. That's
secondary.

General liberal arts is a good example.

Harry thinks that in an economy where we have the lowest labor
participation rate since the end of WWII and the massive loss of white
collar middle class jobs, that we need more people coming out of
college without any real marketable skills and a huge debt, simply
because they had a pursuit of higher learning.

On 10/11/15 7:43 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:42:16 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/11/2015 12:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:19:16 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/11/15 10:23 AM,
wrote:
[...]

And once again, your opinion of what I think is completely wrong. You
should just give up on these "projections" of yours. I think for some
students, the pursuit of knowledge and the hope of making a contribution
to the bank of knowledge is purpose enough.

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:50:17 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 10/11/2015 10:19 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
Education is a pursuit on its own...as we have discussed before, I think
there is far more use for education than learning a trade.

Really? What good has your fine education done you?

===

Becoming a world class educated fool is an accomplishment of sorts.
Unfortunately for harry it's not yet an Olympic sport or a Nobel prize
category.

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:15:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/11/15 7:43 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:42:16 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/11/2015 12:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:19:16 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/11/15 10:23 AM,
wrote:
[...]

It wasn't a projection. I was simply referencing your quote

Education is a pursuit on its own...as we have discussed before, I think
there is far more use for education than learning a trade.

In this economic climate, kids need the tools to find a job. They can
learn all about more esoteric things after they are gainfully employed
Their employer might even kick some money in if they can see the same
value in liberal arts as you do.

On 10/12/2015 7:38 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 10/11/15 9:53 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:15:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/11/15 7:43 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:42:16 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/11/2015 12:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:19:16 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/11/15 10:23 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Why don't we just leave it at the fact that you have no appreciation for
intellectual pursuits that don't produce significant amounts of money,
and that you believe rigorous thinking is an esoteric pursuit.

After all, what use have we for someone like Leonardo da Vinci and his
students?

Just have the drones line up for their jobs at The Corporation each
morning so they can produce their daily quota of widgets and widget ideas.

Try to stay focused. We're discussing you and the fine career you
developed as a result of your higher education as a liberal arts student.