Default LED shop light.

I just got a couple of new LED shop lights to replace the old F40 T12s
that were cranky and did not like to start.

The savings in power is significant if you had a lot of them.
The LED is about 20 watts, the F40s are almost 110 watts.
(19% of the power used for more light)
It works out to 1.2 cents an hour per fixture Payback is somewhere
around 3333 hours, minus whatever I spent on lamps.
8 hours a day for 416 days.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/LED%20shop%20light.jpg

I think it is a deal.

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:23:12 -0400, wrote:

I just got a couple of new LED shop lights to replace the old F40 T12s
that were cranky and did not like to start.

The savings in power is significant if you had a lot of them.
The LED is about 20 watts, the F40s are almost 110 watts.
(19% of the power used for more light)
It works out to 1.2 cents an hour per fixture Payback is somewhere
around 3333 hours, minus whatever I spent on lamps.
8 hours a day for 416 days.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/LED%20shop%20light.jpg

I think it is a deal.

I've replaced all the bulbs in the RV with LEDs. Am gradually replacing the bulbs in
the house with LEDs. Ebay can be a good friend when it comes to LEDs.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

wrote:
I just got a couple of new LED shop lights to replace the old F40 T12s
that were cranky and did not like to start.

The savings in power is significant if you had a lot of them.
The LED is about 20 watts, the F40s are almost 110 watts.
(19% of the power used for more light)
It works out to 1.2 cents an hour per fixture Payback is somewhere
around 3333 hours, minus whatever I spent on lamps.
8 hours a day for 416 days.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/LED%20shop%20light.jpg

I think it is a deal.

Plug in to the F40 fixture?

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:27:46 -0700, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:
I just got a couple of new LED shop lights to replace the old F40 T12s
that were cranky and did not like to start.

The savings in power is significant if you had a lot of them.
The LED is about 20 watts, the F40s are almost 110 watts.
(19% of the power used for more light)
It works out to 1.2 cents an hour per fixture Payback is somewhere
around 3333 hours, minus whatever I spent on lamps.
8 hours a day for 416 days.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/LED%20shop%20light.jpg

I think it is a deal.

Plug in to the F40 fixture?

Nope, the whole deal, cord and all.
Unplug the old one, plug in the new one.