Default Crocs?

On 8/22/2015 11:54 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 8/22/2015 11:21 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 06:13:50 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

"I injured a heel and my doctor said I have to get out of my boat
shoes. I am OK in my New Balance sneakers but I need something else.
(easy on and off, OK when wet)
He suggested crocs but I am not sure I can do it ;-)

I bought a pair from Zappos but I think they are going back. I feel
like I am walking around with plastic bags on my feet.

Still on a shoe hunt for something that works around water."

Trying hard to wear out my 2nd pair of Crocs. I've been using them as
boat shoes and slippers for about 10 years.
Sometimes I'll even walk the dog in them.
A little loosy goosy for any distance walking but ok for what I use
'em for.

I just do not like the feel of plastic shoes and they seem a little
too loosey goosey. The ones I had may have been too big tho. It just
felt like a twisted ankle, waiting to happen.

I have a pair of Crocs that have canvas uppers. Has four lace holes. I
don't know what model they are but they are comfortable and seem to wear
well. Had them for quite a while. Much more comfortable than the boat
shoes they sell at places like West Marine. I remember they used to
pound on your heal.

I twisted my left ankle somehow a couple of months ago. I think it was
from climbing up and down on my tractor while doing some tree trimming
and cutting over a weekend. I noticed that when I put my foot on the
little step to get up to the driving position, I'd also pivot on it to
align my ass with the seat. I think that's what did it.

Took quite a while for it to heal. Hurt like hell just to walk for a
long time. I bought a couple of pairs of high topped hiking type boots
and laced them up tight to give the ankle some support. Feels ok now.
You don't heal as quickly as you did as a youngster, that's for sure.

That'll learn ya to wear boat shoes while tractoring. Sheeesh!

On 8/22/2015 12:47 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 12:19:56 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:21:24 -0400,
wrote:

Trying hard to wear out my 2nd pair of Crocs. I've been using them as boat shoes and slippers for about 10 years.
Sometimes I'll even walk the dog in them.
A little loosy goosy for any distance walking but ok for what I use 'em for.

I just do not like the feel of plastic shoes and they seem a little
too loosey goosey. The ones I had may have been too big tho. It just
felt like a twisted ankle, waiting to happen.

===

Crocs are easy to slip on and off if you just need foot protection
briefly (like for walking across a hot deck or going across a gravel
road). They are also good for landing on the beach because if you get
sand caught in them you can rinse it out quickly. Of course they also
dry very fast because they absorb no moisture. They are my first
choice if I'm going to be in and out of the water a lot but not
walking very far.

That was what I was thinking but I just did not like the clammy feel
from the plastic shoe. It never seemed to feel like it dried.
I am still a Sperry AO fan.
Like Richard says we don't heal as fast but as soon as the bruise goes
away I plan on being back in them. I may try something like the Tevas
Harry was talking about in the mean time.

Sperry. That's what West Marine sells, or used to. I wore them a lot
but noticed my heels would hurt after a while, so I'd go back to sneakers.