Default Crocs?

wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 11:55:57 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/25/15 11:51 AM, wrote:

Zappos is the same way. I think that is how "online" may kill B&M
completely.
I know my wife usually tries 3 or 4 shoes for every one she buys.
UPS in USPS out. The mail lady just says "she didn't like those,
huh?"
I imagine the UPS guy thinks we need an addition on the house for all
the shoes.

OTOH I pick a shoe style and order them by item number for years.
When I was working it was Florsheim, side zipper boots and I knew the
number for black and brown. I just walked up to the counter and got
them for 25 years. I usually had a spare of each, new in the box in
the closet.
Right now I have a new pair of my AO Sperrys and when I open the box I
will order another pair.

I just got a pair of these:

http://tinyurl.com/pf8xdh3

Pretty comfy for my daily hikes...not expensive. Heel and sole support
seem pretty good. I was in a Sperry outlet store recently, and it didn't
have one pair of "wide" Sperry boat shoes in my perfectly normal size
11s. Amazing.

They look pretty nice but I have always liked NB.

I am in a 12W so I usually have to buy online.
Nobody stocks much in that size but if I do find them in a B&M, they
are as likely to be on clearance as regular stock.

Big 5 sporting goods out here always has clearance runners. My problem is
a 14N and most of the shoes these days are wide.

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:15:03 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 11:55:57 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/25/15 11:51 AM,
wrote:

[...]

My latest NB's, 620's, are size 14. The Merrills I just got are size 15. The 14s were
too small. I think the shoes are getting smaller and smaller for a given size. I've
quit buying from LLBean because the sizing seems to be random. I suggested to them
that they come up with an 'LLBean size'. Measure the shoes and give them an accurate
size. Would save them a bunch of shipping costs I'd think.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!