Default What's the catch

http://savinghomeownerstips.com/home4/
--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

On 8/17/2015 1:53 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 09:35:06 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

http://savinghomeownerstips.com/home4/

Just be sure you are not getting clipped by fees.
I did a refi on my condo years ago and went the other way. Instead of
making lower payments or taking out cash, I went up on my payments and
reduced the number of them a lot.
I ended up paying it off in about 9 years. Just make sure there is no
penalty for early payments and throw your left over lunch money at the
principal.

We did the same years ago without refinancing. Just double up on the
payments if you can afford it. Or you could do as Harry KKKrause did and
default.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

wrote:

http://savinghomeownerstips.com/home4/

Just be sure you are not getting clipped by fees.
I did a refi on my condo years ago and went the other way. Instead of
making lower payments or taking out cash, I went up on my payments and
reduced the number of them a lot.
I ended up paying it off in about 9 years. Just make sure there is no
penalty for early payments and throw your left over lunch money at the
principal.

We did the same years ago without refinancing. Just double up on the
payments if you can afford it.

You still might want to exploit lower interest rates. I had a Carter
era mortgage and I wanted out of that abusive rate.
There may not be as much swing these days but a few points might be
worth doing. That usually happened to folks with ARMs who could not
sell their house before it kicked up. You might really have some money
to save.

On 8/17/2015 2:39 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:14:14 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Mortgage free for going on 16 years.
I'm sure my credit rating suffers for it but IDGAS. ;-)

On 8/17/2015 1:39 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:14:14 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

wrote:

http://savinghomeownerstips.com/home4/

Just be sure you are not getting clipped by fees.
I did a refi on my condo years ago and went the other way. Instead of
making lower payments or taking out cash, I went up on my payments and
reduced the number of them a lot.
I ended up paying it off in about 9 years. Just make sure there is no
penalty for early payments and throw your left over lunch money at the
principal.

We did the same years ago without refinancing. Just double up on the
payments if you can afford it.

You still might want to exploit lower interest rates. I had a Carter
era mortgage and I wanted out of that abusive rate.

I wanted to say me to, but I checked, mine was in the early years of
Reagan. 30 year mortgages were running 16-3/4%. We opted for a 13-3/4%
with a 3 year balloon payment. Don't know what we did at the balloon
time, but it all worked out, we used that first house as a rental until
we sold it.
Mikek

---

On 8/17/2015 5:09 PM, Justan Olphat wrote:
On 8/17/2015 2:39 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:14:14 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I'm not so sure that is hurting you. I haven't had a mortgage for
about 22 years nor have taken out any loans. I wondered what this did to
my credit score, I went to CreditKarma and signed up. The only thing
that showed up was my credit card and my score was 785.
So I don't think a lack of mortgage will hurt you.
Mikek

---

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:09:15 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

On 8/17/2015 2:39 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:14:14 -0400, Justan Olphat
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I haven't had a mortgage for over 20 years. I paid for this house over
30 years ago. I haven't had a car payment since the Nixon
administration and I am not sure I ever paid interest on a credit card
or any other revoling credit interest. My credit score was 830 when
we bought the Lincoln. (the last time anyone told me what it was.)

Catch of the Day Jack[_3_] General 3 September 15th 10 01:15 AM
Anybody catch Deadliest Catch Special... Short Wave Sportfishing General 1 June 27th 07 04:08 PM
Yet another catch! Capt. Rob ASA 1 October 27th 05 09:24 PM
Catch ya'll later... Shortwave Sportfishing General 0 August 15th 05 01:11 PM
Catch of the day... (0/1) Shortwave Sportfishing General 9 July 19th 05 03:11 AM