Default Talk about "black" humor...

....of course, you have to understand the term "black" humor...which
would be a stretch for most posters here.

An Algerian-born Irish citizen, Ali Charaf Damache, will not be
extradited to the United States to stand trial for allegedly conspiring
to use online chat rooms to recruit American women into a potential
terrorist cell. The reason the high court in Ireland has given is not
whether or not Mr. Damache is guilty or innocent, it's because the
United States judicial system and more specifically their "supermax"
solitary-confinement prison system amounts to cruel and inhumane punishment:

In her judgement, Ms Justice Donnelly said there was no meaningful
judicial review available in the US of the conditions of detention and
the necessity for same.

Mr Damache’s main complaint was in relation to the allegedly
inhuman conditions he would be detained in if he was extradited. The
judge decided that “the institutionalisation of solitary confinement
with its routine isolation from meaningful contact and communication
with staff and other inmates, for a prolonged pre-determined period of
at least 18 months and continuing almost certainly for many years,
amounts to a breach of the constitutional requirement to protect persons
from inhuman and degrading treatment and to respect the dignity of the
human being.”

What the Irish judge is referring to is the United States' supermax
prison in Colorado:

Opened in 1994, the Colorado supermax prison is the toughest and
most controversial correctional facility in the U.S. federal system.

It is dubbed the "Alcatraz of the Rockies," and has housed some of
the nation's most notorious prisoners, including Timothy McVeigh, the
Oklahoma City bomber; and Ramzi Yousef, the 1993 World Trade Center
bomber. No one has ever escaped.

Food is delivered through a slit in the cell door. Family visits
are banned, conversations with others are restricted, and rarely, if
ever, do inmates glimpse a tree or a bird through a window. They spend
days and nights alone.

http://tinyurl.com/q2f8d2f

Oh, the Irish also don't have capital punishment. We are indeed a
backwards nation in so many ways.

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:03:22 -0400, Keyser Sze
wrote:

Oh, the Irish also don't have capital punishment. We are indeed a
backwards nation in so many ways.

===

Yes, it's just awful. Why don't you leave before you're indicted for
tax evasion by this terrible repressive country? If you are, I'm
looking forward to hearing your first hand reports about the penal
system.

Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:03:22 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Oh, the Irish also don't have capital punishment. We are indeed a
backwards nation in so many ways.

===

Yes, it's just awful. Why don't you leave before you're indicted for
tax evasion by this terrible repressive country? If you are, I'm
looking forward to hearing your first hand reports about the penal
system.

Sounds like a standard Japanese prison. 23 hours a day in cell, no talking
to other inmates while in cell.

wrote:

Oh, the Irish also don't have capital punishment. We are indeed a
backwards nation in so many ways.

===

Sounds like a standard Japanese prison. 23 hours a day in cell, no talking
to other inmates while in cell.

Does it make you proud that we are among the worst of the worst among
so-called modern, civilized nations, Bill?

wrote:

Oh, the Irish also don't have capital punishment. We are indeed a
backwards nation in so many ways.

===

Sounds like a standard Japanese prison. 23 hours a day in cell, no talking
to other inmates while in cell.

Does it make you proud that we are among the worst of the worst among
so-called modern, civilized nations, Bill?

You have to view that in the light of the fact that we have some of
the worst criminals in the world. In some populations, there is a
culture of murder and mayhem where regular prison is simply a
finishing school. You only have to look at the symbols people try to
defend, like saggy pants, to see that. (a clear reference to prison
life)

If they were not in isolation, these guys would still be running their
criminal enterprises against society from inside the prison. A lot
still do.

wrote:

[...]

Do you ever ask yourself why "we" have some of the worst criminals in
the world, and why other modern, western nations do not have nearly as
many as a percentage of population? Might it have something to do with
our "fetuses matter but lives do not" society, and our criminal criminal
justice system?

Good grief.

wrote:

[...]

Ask any of the GOP wannabe's running for POTUS. Almost all of them will
tell you that we have to make all abortions illegal, but they have no
plans of how to take decent care of the babies that are born into
poverty, and no plans to take care of those impoverished children
already here.

Fetuses matter in America. The lives of impoverished children do not.

On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 3:58:11 PM UTC-4, Keyser Sze wrote:
On 8/10/15 3:43 PM, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You mean the one run and administered by a bunch of liberal arts educated folks? That can't be right.

wrote:

Oh, the Irish also don't have capital punishment. We are indeed a
backwards nation in so many ways.

===

Sounds like a standard Japanese prison. 23 hours a day in cell, no
talking
to other inmates while in cell.

Does it make you proud that we are among the worst of the worst among
so-called modern, civilized nations, Bill?

You deserve better. You know where to go, don't you?

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."