Default What a beautiful ride!

Took a trip to Winston Salem by Moto Guzzi this past couple days. About 750 miles
listening to the deep throated rumble of a Guzzi engine with competition pipes.
Cannot believe what a difference new coils have made to the way the bike runs.

If you don't own a 'real' motorcycle, you should.

Oh, brother is not doing well. He fainted in the kitchen while leaning over the
marble countertop. Hit his mouth on the top on his way to the floor. busted out his
two top front teeth, which were on a denture, and broke the two top teeth to which
the denture was attached. Also busted the denture holding the four bottom front
teeth.

And then he hit the floor. Broke a bone in his pelvis. Life sucks when you've spent
most of it smoking heavily.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

On 8/8/2015 11:57 AM, John H. wrote:
Took a trip to Winston Salem by Moto Guzzi this past couple days. About 750 miles
listening to the deep throated rumble of a Guzzi engine with competition pipes.
Cannot believe what a difference new coils have made to the way the bike runs.

If you don't own a 'real' motorcycle, you should.

Oh, brother is not doing well. He fainted in the kitchen while leaning over the
marble countertop. Hit his mouth on the top on his way to the floor. busted out his
two top front teeth, which were on a denture, and broke the two top teeth to which
the denture was attached. Also busted the denture holding the four bottom front
teeth.

And then he hit the floor. Broke a bone in his pelvis. Life sucks when you've spent
most of it smoking heavily.

Sorry about your Bro. Find out what the Hospice guidelines are for your
brothers prognosis. They can help make his last days and weeks more
comfortable for him and his family. Their services are available to the
family for up to a year after.

Does a Can Am Spyder count?

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 12:15:51 -0400, Justan Olphat wrote:

[...]

He's not at the hospice stage yet. He has a VA nurse that visits him once a week,
takes all his vitals, etc. He has been able to reduce his oxygen intake by a third
over the past couple weeks, so that's a good sign. He's back down to 4L/min.

Believe it or not, while taking some curves today I actually thought about you and
your Spyder. And I thought it couldn't possibly be as much fun as leaning into a
curve and hitting the throttle to straighten up for the exit.

But, I could be wrong. I hit rain showers three time on the way back, and I was
thinking a couple more tires would make maneuvering a bit less hairy!
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 8/8/2015 1:02 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

My days of thrill riding are over. Have been for decades. A couple of
weeks ago we hit a monsoon rain just 10 minutes from the end of the
ride. Couldn't feel any hydroplaning. Ride felt solid. They did a good
job on the 14 model year suspension. Prior years, not so much.

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 13:19:45 -0400, Justan Olphat wrote:

On 8/8/2015 1:02 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Without four wheels and steel all around, slick roads can get pretty scary.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 8/8/2015 1:02 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

My scariest ride was from Manassas VA back to MA on a Harley Ultra
Classic. It poured rain the whole way. Cured any future desire to ride
in the rain.

Took a ride this morning [email protected] General 0 October 12th 05 09:17 PM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard General 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM
Wet Ride Tomorrow Bart Senior ASA 0 November 1st 03 04:01 AM
WET RIDE LAST NIGHT Bobsprit ASA 0 October 26th 03 03:34 PM